ADVERTISEMENT

Jaykwon Walton Commits to Alabama

So Harp, he only has 1 year to play with maybe a covid year?
Do we know anything about his defensive play?

Reactions: bet9
Same reason Juwan Gary was pushed out. Not a good enough scorer for our system.
Yah. We replaced Gary with a couple guys that barely touched the floor in the tournament. Gary is the kind of guy we needed against SDSU. We need a couple bigger, older, tougher, nastier guys. And if he can’t shoot the three, join the crowd.

Yah. We replaced Gary with a couple guys that barely touched the floor in the tournament. Gary is the kind of guy we needed against SDSU. We need a couple bigger, older, tougher, nastier guys. And if he can’t shoot the three, join the crowd.
I think Gary would have done really well for 10-12 minutes a game with this team especially against the physical teams which is every team that gave trouble this season

Reactions: cola68
First domino to fall as Jaykwon Walton has committed to Alabama.

The Wichita St transfer averaged 13 ppg last year on 40% shooting from 3. Will likely play the 3/4.

This commitment really doesn't excite me. He may have started at Wichita State, but they weren't very good. In fact. they were so bad that James Rojas was a starter and their 3rd or 4th leading scorer. Walton only averaged about 3 points per game more than Rojas. Hope Walton turns out to be a solid pickup for us, but I have my doubts. Especially if we ask him to play the 4.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
This commitment really doesn't excite me. He may have started at Wichita State, but they weren't very good. In fact. they were so bad that James Rojas was a starter and their 3rd or 4th leading scorer. Walton only averaged about 3 points per game more than Rojas. Hope Walton turns out to be a solid pickup for us, but I have my doubts. Especially if we ask him to play the 4.
Good info. Here's to hoping Oats can get more out of him.

Reactions: lainey2020 and xcop
The ideal scenario is he comes off the bench, but there may not be any better options unless others enter the portal. Walton is a solid bench piece but could become a decent starter. Personally, I hope they find a better portal option. There’s a possibility Alabama has 4 more spots to fill in the portal.

Reactions: lainey2020 and xcop
And Georgia's bball program is absolutely awful. ;)
Which means he should have played more if he was good at the time. Now I’m a firm believer in player developing at different rates so maybe the light came on for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT