ADVERTISEMENT

JD measurements

aggietider

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
And some of y’all were trying to convince us that he was 6’6….

This guys mock draft has JD going 48th and Keon going 49th. He had Smith from AU going #1

Measured 6’0” barefoot. Not great for his draft stock

More shocking to me was his standing vert of 30 inches… it’s not a bad number but just 2 inches above league average. For comparison, Ja Morant had a 44 inch standing vert at 6’3”.

I thought his athleticism numbers would be off the charts. The fact that they are not elite by nba standards or even close to it is concerning. Idk that you take a 6 foot pg that has a long way to go as a ball handler and is kind of ho hum athletically by nba standards

How does someone with his athletic ability rank "in the bottom 1% as a defender in isolation and bottom 10% against ball screens?" How is it possible the opposition shoots 71% when attacking him in isolation?

• Wow
Reactions: bet9
How does someone with his athletic ability rank "in the bottom 1% as a defender in isolation and bottom 10% against ball screens?" How is it possible the opposition shoots 71% when attacking him in isolation?
I’ve known a lot of the superior athletic types that couldn’t guard the ball to save their lives. Most of the time that’s the reason. They’ve grown up relying solely on their athletic ability and once you get to this level, that alone just doesn’t cut it anymore. And some adjust fast, some slow and some never.

JD benefited from playing his HS basketball at Calhoun. JD didn’t benefit from playing his HS basketball at Calhoun. I really wish he could’ve played for a much larger HS program.

Bad advice G LEAGUE bound while he could have gotten better and used the NIL to make more money. With his measurements and work outs I don’t see him drafted. I hope he proves me wrong.

Maybe he will go undrafted and come back for his Soph year
He has stated he is through with college so I don’t expect him back. I have a hard time accepting his measurables though. I know his hair made him look taller but only 6ft tall and 30 inch verticals?,

Reactions: gossy
He has stated he is through with college so I don’t expect him back. I have a hard time accepting his measurables though. I know his hair made him look taller but only 6ft tall and 30 inch verticals?,
Keon Ellis measured way smaller too… 6’3.5”,
167 lbs (second lightest at the combine), and 8’6” standing reach…his 35” VJ was nice, but he basically measured with the PGs from a size standpoint.

***Davison’s VJ was 37” (30” was his standing jump)…still feels like him not playing in the scrimmages was a mistake

I hope they do and I hope they have success, but I'll be somewhat surprised if 1 or both get drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT