ADVERTISEMENT

Jeykll and Hyde team

Credit given where credit due. Great EFFORT everywhere today. Super win.
But it does bring up the question- where has this effort been the last month? Maintain my stance on the players being main problem.
But stellar game today.

Davidson is top 25 and Iona will win their conference lol
Iona may win their conference, but that’s only because it’s one of the weakest in the country. They wouldn’t finish in the top half of the SEC. Davidson is ok, but the only reason they’re ranked is because of their soft schedule. I doubt very seriously if they would finish in the top half of the SEC either.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
And maybe… just maybe we need to be seeded somewhere in the range of “disrespectful” just to get tougher games and the attention of our team.

Iona may win their conference, but that’s only because it’s one of the weakest in the country. They wouldn’t finish in the top half of the SEC. Davidson is ok, but the only reason they’re ranked is because of their soft schedule. I doubt very seriously if they would finish in the top half of the SEC either.
You’re probably correct on Iona, but Davidson would be a top 5 sec team.

I’m currently satisfied. I thought winning 1 of these 3 would be good. So Auburn and/or Kentucky is just gravy. If we would have just beat Missouri and Georgia, the sky wouldn’t be falling so hard.

You’re probably correct on Iona, but Davidson would be a top 5 sec team.
I respectfully disagree. Boogs, Kentucky, Tennessee, and LSU are all clearly better than Davidson. We’re far superior to them when we’re locked in and focused. I think Arkansas, Florida, and A & M are all better teams as well. I’d even add Mississippi State to that list.

A
I respectfully disagree. Boogs, Kentucky, Tennessee, and LSU are all clearly better than Davidson. We’re far superior to them when we’re locked in and focused. I think Arkansas, Florida, and A & M are all better teams as well. I’d even add Mississippi State to that list.
Agree to disagree. If Davidson played LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, 10 times each… they’d have close to a 70 percent win percentage. They’re a well oiled machine and have demonstrated it all year.

Reactions: RollTide15
A

Agree to disagree. If Davidson played LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, 10 times each… they’d have close to a 70 percent win percentage. They’re a well oiled machine and have demonstrated it all year.
Davidson is good, but they’ve also lost to New Mexico State, San Francisco, and VCU. I don’t think they could hold up to the grind of an 18 game SEC schedule.

Davidson is good, but they’ve also lost to New Mexico State, San Francisco, and VCU. I don’t think they could hold up to the grind of an 18 game SEC schedule.
Davidson is a team that no good coach wants to play. It’s a high risk low reward game

Georgia beat Memphis. Memphis is the team that broke us. Mizzou took Auburn to the wire. Transfer portal means no easy wins.

It’s mind boggling. How can a team that’s good enough to beat Gonzaga, Houston, and Baylor lose to Iona, Memphis, Davidson, Missouri, and Georgia?
To be fair, Iona is a decent team and Davidson is just flat out good. Our true bad losses are all true road games at Memphis, Mizzou, and UGA. The other losses are frustrating but not “how in the world does this happen” type losses. You’re gonna get beat sometimes but the performances in those three bad losses I mentioned were inexcusable and hopefully something this team has finally learned from and won’t allow to happen again

I will add, I will trade the great wins for bad losses any time. So many years we spent on the bubble chasing a win total bc we couldn’t pull off a single resume building win against good competition.

And yet Bama has no business losing to either of them...
Should win those games but those are games where if you don’t play A game you are in for a nail biter. You won’t play your A game every game and those type losses will happen for nearly everybody. Difference in a 1-2 seed and 5 seed type team is a play here or there in those games. Bama is a 5 seed type team this year, not a 1/2

The mizzou and uga losses are the inexcusable losses. Memphis was a bad loss as well but it was a major trap game situation at the time…

Should win those games but those are games where if you don’t play A game you are in for a nail biter. You won’t play your A game every game and those type losses will happen for nearly everybody. Difference in a 1-2 seed and 5 seed type team is a play here or there in those games. Bama is a 5 seed type team this year, not a 1/2

The mizzou and uga losses are the inexcusable losses. Memphis was a bad loss as well but it was a major trap game situation at the time…
Oats was on The Next Round yesterday and mentioned Iona, Memphis. Davidson, Missouri, and Georgia as games we had no business losing. Seems like some on here have a much higher opinion of Iona and Davidson than he does.

Oats was on The Next Round yesterday and mentioned Iona, Memphis. Davidson, Missouri, and Georgia as games we had no business losing. Seems like some on here have a much higher opinion of Iona and Davidson than he does.
I definitely do. Davidson is a legit top 25 team.

And yet Bama has no business losing to either of them...
Should win those games but those are games where if you don’t play A game you are in for a nail biter. You won’t play your A game every game and those type losses will happen for nearly everybody. Difference in a 1-2 seed and 5 seed type team is a play here or there in those games. Bama is a 5 seed type team this year, not a 1

I agree they are should wins, I don’t seem them on the same level as Georgia and mizzou. I think especially Davidson.

I just think there are a few instances per year where you lose a “eh shit happens” game where you are the better team and then there’s UGA that was a “WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR ENTIRE PROGRAM” type loss

Reactions: Codie B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT