ADVERTISEMENT

JSU/Auburn

aggietider

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
A lot of these guys are hyping up JSU to have a chance today. That usually means they’ll get blown out. They may match up decent in spots but they don’t match up with Jabari Smith.

JSU is 5-7 from three. Auburn keeps trapping that ball screen and JSU is getting it out and rotated for a 3.

I’ll be shocked is Auburn goes really deep with these guards. I don’t understand why Pearl doesn’t tell those guards, “if you shoot it before Jabari touches it, you won’t see the court for the rest of the game.”

I’ll be shocked is Auburn goes really deep with these guards. I don’t understand why Pearl doesn’t tell those guards, “if you shoot it before Jabari touches it, you won’t see the court for the rest of the game.”
The problem with green and Johnson is they are the only 2 people in college basketball that don’t know who auburn best 2 players are lol.

And thats Pearls fault.
Yeah, I’ve heard him talk about this on The Next Round. He said he doesn’t want to take away from their aggressiveness but when they go 4-5 trips down the court and their two best players don’t even touch the ball, that’s a problem…

But I do expect Auburn to pull away. JSU is knocking down 3s and I don’t see that lasting the whole game.

Yeah, I’ve heard him talk about this on The Next Round. He said he doesn’t want to take away from their aggressiveness but when they go 4-5 trips down the court and their two best players don’t even touch the ball, that’s a problem…
I’d want to take away from their aggressiveness, or else their aggressiveness will cost them a game.
Who is this #2 for Auburn? He has to have 5-7 points already.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Refs must have the barn....ticky tack fouls called on JSU

Are y’all also watch Ohio state/Loyola? Loyola has 23 with 13 minutes left in the game. They have passed up an enormous amount of open looks to dribble into traffic

I would like to see what that kid could do if he just went all ball hog and got about 25 attempts. Seems to quietly get 18 points and rarely ever misses.

Are y’all also watch Ohio state/Loyola? Loyola has 23 with 13 minutes left in the game. They have passed up an enormous amount of open looks to dribble into traffic
I started out watching that one, game started out with bad offense by both teams so I flipped to the Auburn game when it came on. Now I’m scouting Texas Tech as if coach is going to call me with my opinions on how to attack them 😂.

I started out watching that one, game started out with bad offense by both teams so I flipped to the Auburn game when it came on. Now I’m scouting Texas Tech as if coach is going to call me with my opinions on how to attack them 😂.
Yea… if anyone was wondering/hoping that tech would flop today against Montana State… the answer is no lol. They appear unphased by the pressure of the tournament… I sure am glad we have a team with a set of nuts in our path 😒

Yea… if anyone was wondering/hoping that tech would flop today against Montana State… the answer is no lol. They appear unphased by the pressure of the tournament… I sure am glad we have a team with a set of nuts in our path 😒
Yeah a Kentucky type upset would have been too much to ask for...

I would like to see what that kid could do if he just went all ball hog and got about 25 attempts. Seems to quietly get 18 points and rarely ever misses.
Literally blows my mind how Pearl let’s those little guards shoot 3’s from the logo just after walking the ball down the court. Smith won’t touch it for multiple possessions in a row. I’d tell him if he didn’t shoot more that I’d take him out. I wouldn’t tell him he wouldn’t stay out long, but I’d teach him to take more shots.

I watched the beginning and looked like Purdue was going to run them. Just turned it back and Yale is hanging around. Good sign they survived the early Purdue onslaught.
Yep, thought it was going to be over before the half but they are only down 6.

I guess it will be over at the half. I have a problem...
Ha. I thought Yale was back in it. If you can’t drag those big guys away from the basket and give them problems on defense, You better have a really good big to bang with them on the other end.

Literally blows my mind how Pearl let’s those little guards shoot 3’s from the logo just after walking the ball down the court. Smith won’t touch it for multiple possessions in a row. I’d tell him if he didn’t shoot more that I’d take him out. I wouldn’t tell him he wouldn’t stay out long, but I’d teach him to take more shots.
that exact reason is why pearl recruits so well. it’s also why oats recruits well.

Reactions: adsmith4
that exact reason is why pearl recruits so well. it’s also why oats recruits well.
Until somebody makes a #1 pick realize he’d be better off to go somewhere he would be featured and wouldn’t watch scrub guards jacks up threes from the logo off of zero passes.

If he would have been featured all season on offense, he’d be thought of as the best prospect coming out of college in the last ten years. Or 20….or more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT