ADVERTISEMENT

just 1 game in

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
our best 5 looked like bradley, griffen, miller, clowney, and bediako. burnett will settle in and be fine and sears has got to quit forcing everything. miles and gurley did not look good. pringle will help off the bench. when our shots start falling, we will be hard to beat. getting welch and quinerly back will help our 3-point shooting. going to be a fun team to watch. roll tide

Miles looked like Miles. The first 2 times he touched it should have been a charge and a turnover and they missed both calls. It looks forced and hard when he dribbles compared to the freshman.
Gurley, I’m just not sure. He had moments last year. I hope he finds some consistency and helps us some.
I like Oats postgame mentioning both of them saying they were nursing injuries so didn’t play much in the 2nd half. Sounds like a good excuse to me but they may need a new excuse at some point.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
Still not helping me with my concerns about our outside shooting. 3-28 after the last really bad shooting performances in our exhibition games. I, honestly, think I could throw more than 3 out of 28 in using hook shots. Sears really needs to work on the turnover issues. When we play better teams, we can’t expect to win shooting anywhere close to our recent %’s. Still, I am happy with the win.

Reactions: lainey2020
Still not helping me with my concerns about our outside shooting. 3-28 after the last really bad shooting performances in our exhibition games. I, honestly, think I could throw more than 3 out of 28 in using hook shots. Sears really needs to work on the turnover issues. When we play better teams, we can’t expect to win shooting anywhere close to our recent %’s. Still, I am happy with the win.
i still think the shooting will come. a couple of our guys just need to see a couple go down and get confidence.

I tell you guys one thing, Clowney is much much better than advertised.
Also I know that Pringle did not score much and had 3 or 4 fouls, but his defense was very impressive.
I don’t know what the announced attendance was, but it had to be over 10K and it was a very knowledgeable group for the most part.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Some of Sears drives brought back memories from last year with all of the TOs. But at least he's not afraid to rebound. I am anxious to see what this team can/will do when the shots start falling.

Some of Sears drives brought back memories from last year with all of the TOs. But at least he's not afraid to rebound. I am anxious to see what this team can/will do when the shots start falling.
Not close to playing winning basketball with in the SEC. . Horrific outside shooting once again. 3-28 is not acceptable at the junior high level much less college. Shot below 40 % from floor and 70%from the line. Looks more like high school stats. 19 turnovers Geez. That was brutal fellows. The best high school teams would beat that Longleaf bunch. If Longleaf won their conference, I hate to see the other members of that conference. It’s only one game and it has to get better, however the gang who couldn’t shoot straight will rear it’s ugly head numerous times this year It is just unbelievable to me that when you come to Bama you automatically lose your touch. Same story , rinse and repeat. We just don’t recruit pure shooters. We go with athletic guys who dribble drive. That formula is good but as we all know, is not complete. Every team needs outside shooters to loosen up the interior defense, so those capable can go one on one without help. Just my two cents. PS. Make your guards and forwards play HORSE with all attempts “pure form “ from the 3 point line. Winner starts the next game.

Not close to playing winning basketball with in the SEC. . Horrific outside shooting once again. 3-28 is not acceptable at the junior high level much less college. Shot below 40 % from floor and 70%from the line. Looks more like high school stats. 19 turnovers Geez. That was brutal fellows. The best high school teams would beat that Longleaf bunch. If Longleaf won their conference, I hate to see the other members of that conference. It’s only one game and it has to get better, however the gang who couldn’t shoot straight will rear it’s ugly head numerous times this year It is just unbelievable to me that when you come to Bama you automatically lose your touch. Same story , rinse and repeat. We just don’t recruit pure shooters. We go with athletic guys who dribble drive. That formula is good but as we all know, is not complete. Every team needs outside shooters to loosen up the interior defense, so those capable can go one on one without help. Just my two cents. PS. Make your guards and forwards play HORSE with all attempts “pure form “ from the 3 point line. Winner starts the next game.
I know we shot it terrible. But this group did a ton of things better than we’ve done in the past. You’re not giving them any credit. That team we beat was an old mature team that would have given us fits last year. A couple big schools got beat last night by schools like that. They’d wear the best high school team out. Our length and athleticism just over powered them on offense and especially defense.

Reactions: onebamamaniax
Defense won this game. They were awesome on D.
Not just defense, scored almost 80 with only making 3 three pointers. Last year's team would've lost yesterday. BAMA has some guys that can get to the rim and finish. There wasn't really that many wild shots last night. You could tell they got tired a few times and the offense went stagnant for a couple minutes. This groups whole mind set is lightyear ahead of last years team.

I watched a highlight video and we look more basketball-athletic than we did last year. I am still worried by a 3-28 shooting from three night. That is what sunk us last year so many times.

Reactions: Codie B
I tell you guys one thing, Clowney is much much better than advertised.
Also I know that Pringle did not score much and had 3 or 4 fouls, but his defense was very impressive.
I don’t know what the announced attendance was, but it had to be over 10K and it was a very knowledgeable group for the most part.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
l know Pringle didn't have a big stat night, but that kid looks like he's got springs in his legs. He guards and can jump out of the gym.

Offensive rebounding won that game for us imo. We got alot of 2nd chance points.

l know Pringle didn't have a big stat night, but that kid looks like he's got springs in his legs. He guards and can jump out of the gym.

Offensive rebounding won that game for us imo. We got alot of 2nd chance points.
This ^^^
With all of the missed shots, there were plenty of opportunities for rebounding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT