ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Gary

Been asking this for awhile. I’ve always loved Gary. He actually brings a ton of what we are
missing with his defensive effort and just effort in general, mentality, etc.

I’m a fan of Rojas too, but he is horrible defending the pick. He always switches resulting in a mismatch

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
I’m a fan of Rojas too, but he is horrible defending the pick. He always switches resulting in a mismatch
He plays hard. And we need that. He just drives me crazy bc he only has one purpose and that’s to knock the ball out in some way. And they’ve always let him play like that. You can be aggressive and play hard without trying to steal everything and knock everything out.

Why is he out of the rotation?

He should be getting ALL of Rojas’s minutes and it’s not even close.
He cant shoot and he is 6"5 and cant play down low. I know alot
of our starters have been very inconsistent and our freshman havent
been world beaters, but Gary.,Gurley, Miles and Rojas have killed us
Tell me where else they could play alot of minutes in the SEC..

Face it guys, all of the bigs are fairly lacking. Whatever good they bring it is significantly minimized by their inability to play more than 15 seconds without picking up 2 fouls. Arkansas' Williams plays 30+ minutes a game and handles their scoring, rebounding, and defense. None of our guys can do one of those things well consistantly. Big reason why we play 9-10 guys.

Face it guys, all of the bigs are fairly lacking. Whatever good they bring it is significantly minimized by their inability to play more than 15 seconds without picking up 2 fouls. Arkansas' Williams plays 30+ minutes a game and handles their scoring, rebounding, and defense. None of our guys can do one of those things well consistantly. Big reason why we play 9-10 guys.
I think Gurley could be that guy if given the opportunity.

I love Gary, but he has struggled the last few games. Rojas plays very hard, makes his free throws, finishes at the basket, takes charges and apparently is a leader. Leadership is definitely one thing this team needs the most. I don’t think he needs to be the big on the floor when we play small ball. I do think he does fine playing the 4, but he needs Chuck to be the clean up man around the rim. Rojas did not lose this game or the A&M game. He was put in a bad situation. The minute Oats took out Chuck, the game changed. Just my 2 cents.

Gary’s wingspan and jumping ability outweighs Rojas being 6’ 7”. Gary was a major part of the rotation when we were rolling earlier this year.

Gary lost that dawg mentality he had last year. He is not as aggressive now and all he wants to do is sit in the corner and miss threes. Defensively he has been getting abused as well.

Even with the issues mentioned, I believe we have a couple lineups that can benefit this team more than the one which includes jd on the court at the same time as jq. It's been solidified now in Oats mind that that is optimal for us it seems, and at lsu it crushed us. Other long stretches lately it's hurt us. Use the game flow to determine who is helping us and try to do more of that. I know Gurley and Gary should be getting more looks, given some of our guys' production. Just not sure why.

Even with the issues mentioned, I believe we have a couple lineups that can benefit this team more than the one which includes jd on the court at the same time as jq. It's been solidified now in Oats mind that that is optimal for us it seems, and at lsu it crushed us. Other long stretches lately it's hurt us. Use the game flow to determine who is helping us and try to do more of that. I know Gurley and Gary should be getting more looks, given some of our guys' production. Just not sure why.
I think the 4 guard lineup is fine for stretches and has been the best lineup for JD at times but it can’t be with Rojas and Miles…..

First of all Rojas is 6’8”, not 6’5”. He is one of our guys that is willing to get physical when called for and an enforcer.
Gary, Gurley and Miles all come off the bench to spell the starters in most situations and all have contributed.
They are all SEC caliber players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT