ADVERTISEMENT

Football 🏈 Kalen DeBoer post game press conference

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
DeBoer: "Defense did a nice job forcing some field goals going into the fourth."
On turnovers: "Guys got to do a better job when they make a big play. Gotta tuck it away."
DeBoer said tonight's game was not a wake-up call but that players have a lot to learn from this week.
DeBoer said Tuesdays are the primary day where Alabama works on taking care of the ball. "Really, we won't have to raise the level of how much we stress it... It's guys just learning that when you make a big play there's people behind you... we got to do a better job of being conscious of that.
DeBoer said Elijah Pritchett suffered a "minor ding" during the WKU game and was limited in practice. "We felt good after we got through the week that we were just gonna roll with what we had... but he was good to go. He could've started the game." Said the O-Line will be in better shape next week.
On how the offense woke up in the final six minutes: "It was just not having penalties, not being behind the chains."
DeBoer said there's other things the offense can do to help Jalen Milore out. "It's a whole team effort. On offense, everyone's gotta execute."
On some firey exchanges with the refs: "I'm just trying to make sure that everyone's held accountable. I gotta hold my guys accountable." Said on most of the penalties, Alabama was holding.
On Jam Miller: "He doesn't like to say too much but when he gets the chance to touch the ball you see what can happen."
DeBoer praised Ryan Williams after his TD catch and Jaylen Mbakwe after his punt return.
On Tyler Booker moving to LT: "I think wherever he's at we're really good."
On Cole Adams: "He just had an arm injury. We'll have to see exactly where that's at, just the extent." Said Adams was more frustrated that he got hurt rather than the pain.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News