ADVERTISEMENT

Keon Ellis

Pretty sure it’s an April Fool’s joke given the account’s next tweet
People still do that? This doesn’t seem like a big enough deal to even joke about. I don’t even know a player on the roster that is a big enough deal to joke about.
That being said, I wouldn’t be shocked if any of them transferred over the draft.
What is Ellis really going to do?

Last edited:
By this point Ellis is just about what Ellis is gonna be. Not sure transferring for one year will make him that much better.

Reactions: vegas man
What do you really think Ellis is going to do? Seems like he’s talked about the least out of JD, JD, Shack and him.
i believe he will go pro. either the nba or overseas.

Last edited:
Anyone heard this rumor?
I don't think this is true, but if it is true, does anyone not find it strange that Shack was looking into transferring last season despite being the teams returning leading scorers?

I doubt if Ellis is afraid of the new kids coming in, I know some will paint that idiotic picture, so there has to be another reason he would instead leave and start over somewhere else.

I don't think this is true, but if it is true, does anyone not find it strange that Shack was looking into transferring last season despite being the teams returning leading scorers?

I doubt if Ellis is afraid of the new kids coming in, I know some will paint that idiotic picture, so there has to be another reason he would instead leave and start over somewhere else.
It’s April Fools. Alabama was one of like 3 programs last season with zero transfers.

Reactions: pfaud001
This specific tweet may be a joke but a week or so ago I read comments on another board that Ellis was leaning to transferring across the state if he couldn't get real interest from some sort of pro league. My first thought was Pearl could do a lot better for a transfer at that position but stranger things have happened.

I have no legit info but I have started questioning these guy's desire to play with Q. Shack looked into multiple Avenues to leave Alabama. Before this season, which paled in comparison to last season, ended he and Gurley had already announced their intention to return. So what changed? Anybody who watched this season would have to wonder why does Gurley want to run it back in Tuscaloosa? Now Gurley is such the leader he is eating dinner with Oats and transfers on recruiting visits. I know it's been downplayed but if you are tight with your teammates somebody would have been at the voluntary shoot around with him.

This specific tweet may be a joke but a week or so ago I read comments on another board that Ellis was leaning to transferring across the state if he couldn't get real interest from some sort of pro league. My first thought was Pearl could do a lot better for a transfer at that position but stranger things have happened.
ellis is top 3 on AU’s list at the 3. a few other dominoes have to fall first.

And what? No one transferred. The end
And what? No one transferred. The end
You say that like it’s a great thing. But then you talk about the importance of the portal. If you have guys that you know don’t fit and won’t, why keep so many of them around? Rojas and Ambrose, why keep both? Heck why keep either? Tchikou? Seems like we should have used the portal. Maybe nobody wanted some of these guys. Being a team that absolutely nobody transfers from isn’t necessarily a victory.

You say that like it’s a great thing. But then you talk about the importance of the portal. If you have guys that you know don’t fit and won’t, why keep so many of them around? Rojas and Ambrose, why keep both? Heck why keep either? Tchikou? Seems like we should have used the portal. Maybe nobody wanted some of these guys. Being a team that absolutely nobody transfers from isn’t necessarily a victory.
Good thing we fixed that then

No. The insinuation in the post I was responding to was that Shack and Ellis don’t want to play for oats/oats’ system. I was merely pointing out that oats was one of maybe 3 coaches who had no one leave last year. Great players transfer. Just the way it is now.

No. The insinuation in the post I was responding to was that Shack and Ellis don’t want to play for oats/oats’ system. I was merely pointing out that oats was one of maybe 3 coaches who had no one leave last year. Great players transfer. Just the way it is now.
Well we would have been better if some of those guys would have transferred so we could get a couple guys in their spot that could possibly shoot.

Only on the bamainsider basketball board where an April fools joke can turn into an analysis of the program. Lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetlou2.0

Shack’s dad is nuts. Shack was told he needed to be a point guard to make it in the NBA. He wasn’t going to be a PG at Bama, so he looked around. There was nothing better and he came back.

Reactions: bet9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT