ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff Team

Hb35

All American
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012
I was studying the kickoff team at the game. Still Don't really get the alignment strategy. I do like cutting the field down and see where trying to force a return could be an advantage with this D.

I've always complained on here about putting offensive players on coverage teams (because they don't practice tackling), but I'm talking more the concept. Any special team experts??

They have always put 2 "thumpers" on either side of the ball, think this year it's Holcomb and Wilson, but can't remember. But the rest of the guys on the wide side of the field are also bigger guys and there are smaller guys on the short side that they are kicking to. Just seems like it would be opposite.

Averett is also on the wide side at the very outside and is hanging back as a safety, which worked just like it's drawn up on the big return.

Coverage has been better this year than it has the last few years, so not complaining, just interested.

Also saw big #48 on the wide side, had to look him up, saw that it was Mekhi Brown. Didn't know he had played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News