ADVERTISEMENT

Langston Wilson Released from his LOI

Langston Wilson has officially asked for a release from his LOI per his social media and it will be granted. This is really tough. I hate to see this happen to such a good kid with a great story, but the numbers didn’t work and you knew someone would be asked to go. Unfortunately Langston is one of them. This makes Alabama’s scholarship count to 14. With the new NCAA rule being voted on to move it to 14 scholarships next year, Alabama may choose to wait until the ruling to make a decision on that scholarship.

He’s done just fine. It’s a tough business. Saban has done this to numerous guys over the years. It’s a business that unfortunately the kids are part of the rough parts at times.
You're right, it's part of the business. I still hate seeing things like this, football or any other sport. But this just add to my case that these players should get paid, like you said it's a business.

Reactions: skillz_that_killz
Honestly im still good as long as we dont lose anyone else! We are Loaded and have the ability to play Big or Small!

Reactions: pfaud001
I’ll still be surprised to see this kid playing high level basketball with Marfan Syndrome. Why didn’t he play high school basketball?

I believe he was misdiagnosed in HS and why he didn't play.

Several bball analysts have said Wilson is a
Future pro with his skill set and potential
I’ve only seen one say that and he’s not very reputable, but he plays off athleticism. He really struggled in JUCO this season and has a ton of work to do. A lot of upside, but for a team that is in a championship window they don’t have time to take on projects when you can get already developed talent in the portal. It’s why I was curious to why they took Jusuan Holt as well.

It's always important to keep that guy who struggles with the dribble, the shot, the jumping. But who CAN help the team with their bench press and who CAN enter a game and be in foul trouble within 2 minutes.

But I do think most of us have some appreciation for small amounts of Rojas and his effort and we should realize coming back from injury makes guys just different altogether for about a year than what their full package probably is otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetlou10
Langston needs more work on his game as he didn’t even play high school basketball. You could possibly see him go back to JUCO and work towards transferring next season. However I think a high major team will take a chance on him.
I try to look at the positive here. To me...it means that the staff really likes where Ambrose and Miles are development wise. You need players that are 4 year guys that are invested in the overall program and contribute or even become stars by their Jr or Sr year. You cant build a program around just having all your players be a one and done or 5th year grad transfers. Look at what Duke and Kentucky have turned into.

I’ll still be surprised to see this kid playing high level basketball with Marfan Syndrome. Why didn’t he play high school basketball?

Holy crap dude, you literally have a hard on for this Marfan thing. I don’t get why it is such a big deal to you, and that you insist on bringing it up literally everytime Wilson is mentioned. Are you a Geneticist or a Cardiologist? Truly bizarre why you’re so obsessed with this topic.

Reactions: bet9
Holy crap dude, you literally have a hard on for this Marfan thing. I don’t get why it is such a big deal to you, and that you insist on bringing it up literally everytime Wilson is mentioned. Are you a Geneticist or a Cardiologist? Truly bizarre why you’re so obsessed with this topic.
I have Marfan. But I have seen more than a few cardiologist and geneticist. But I’ll defer to you. Thanks.

He’s done just fine. It’s a tough business. Saban has done this to numerous guys over the years. It’s a business that unfortunately the kids are part of the rough parts at times.
Who has Saban done it to that has already signed but not enrolled?

Who has Saban done it to that has already signed but not enrolled?
I don't recall coach Saban not taking a guy that's already commited and sighned. I keep hearing people bring this up. Can someone please enlighten me on who these players were????

I don't recall coach Saban not taking a guy that's already commited and sighned. I keep hearing people bring this up. Can someone please enlighten me on who these players were????
He didn’t sign. He was offered a grey shirt because of a acl surgery he had well after his senior season. He signed with Arkansas. I don’t remember him doing it to anyone that actually signed. Definitely pushes some out before fall practice every year to get down to 85.

Reactions: bet9
The one I know for sure is the kid from Mobile, Darius Philon. Philon had been committed forever and Saban pulled his scholarship in favor of Korren Kirven. It was right before signing day. Not Saban's best move.

The one I know for sure is the kid from Mobile, Darius Philon. Philon had been committed forever and Saban pulled his scholarship in favor of Korren Kirven. It was right before signing day. Not Saban's best move.
As I recall it, Saban didn't totally pull the scholarship but with Darius requiring knee surgery anyway Saban wanted him to greyshirt and enroll the following Dec. The issue was the timing I think. Maybe he was told about it the day of or day before signing day?

Either someone dropped the ball in explaining the situation or Darius felt slighted too much to consider it and didn't have time to get used to the idea. Saban himself has admitted he handled that situation very poorly. The really bad part is the player we got in his place never helped us much.

with no inside info and no expertise I offer the following: if we lose an underclass man to the NBA Langston will play for Bama.

No one, I am sure they are thinking of the player that was ready to commit on signing day, but at the last minute, was told there wasn't a scholarship for him. He went on to Arkansas; I felt terrible for him as well. He was committed and seemed like playing for Bama was a dream come true. But at least in that instance, he had not already signed an LOI and enrolled/ready to enroll.

Reactions: pfaud001
There are always coaches that teach their teams to be aggressive and try to punk the other team, they play tough for about 5 mins and that's when the truth sets in.
The best team usually wins, or is it the best coaches?

As I recall it, Saban didn't totally pull the scholarship but with Darius requiring knee surgery anyway Saban wanted him to greyshirt and enroll the following Dec. The issue was the timing I think. Maybe he was told about it the day of or day before signing day?

Either someone dropped the ball in explaining the situation or Darius felt slighted too much to consider it and didn't have time to get used to the idea. Saban himself has admitted he handled that situation very poorly. The really bad part is the player we got in his place never helped us much.
Philon was ugly looking from the outside. I didn't read the entire thread but did anyone mention Jarez Parks? Kid crying on National TV when he goes to announce for Bama and we change it to a grayshirt or blueshirt, whichever. I felt so bad for the kid. I'm sure UA has a side to the story but it comes off bad.

Philon was ugly looking from the outside. I didn't read the entire thread but did anyone mention Jarez Parks? Kid crying on National TV when he goes to announce for Bama and we change it to a grayshirt or blueshirt, whichever. I felt so bad for the kid. I'm sure UA has a side to the story but it comes off bad.
Parks waited to long to commit. He could have committed earlier before spots was taken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT