ADVERTISEMENT

Last 3:30 in the twilight zone

Watching body language, it looks to me like we have a couple of players who don't really like each other. Chemistry is nothing like last season.

Loses to a bad Missouri team. A loss at home to Barn, lost national title game last night, women blow 20 point lead at Georgia and gymnastics team loses at Oklahoma.

Bad 4 days.

Reactions: tidertimintn
We need to Face the reality we aren’t a legit top 4 seed calliber team. We are capable of playing like one on any given night but those teams are consistent. We have holes and we rely a ton on 3 point shooting and we aren’t a good shooting team. Get to the tournament and see if we can get hot then. Just don’t let this season snowball out of control bc we aren’t in the top 10

Reactions: ATLSwag17
On tonight, I didn’t like sitting JD for JQ late. Most nights you go JQ but he was out of it tonight and we had just gone on a great run with Jd running point nicely.

our rotations in general have been a bit bizarre the last few games. Oats is searching a bit

I agree with what some are hinting at that it feels like there is something fundamentally wrong with the chemistry in this team right now. Maybe it was always off a bit but something went off the rails between the Gonzaga game and the Memphis game and it hasn't righted itself. Maybe we should've lost to Houston. Maybe it's just mounting frustration and we just can't find a path to get the team to gel. But something feels off somehow.

One thing is plain to see. When JD makes plays this is an entirely different team that's very dangerous. Late in the second half when he made a few plays and had a thunderous dunk the team and the fans woke up and got into it. Then about as suddenly he went back to passive freshman mode. For this team to move forward he has to figure it out. In a different time a coach would have him dribbling everywhere he went on campus and having him doing some near brutal drills trying to point out that his frame and leaping ability can carry him until his shot comes into focus.

Reactions: BamaLegacy
Loses to a bad Missouri team. A loss at home to Barn, lost national title game last night, women blow 20 point lead at Georgia and gymnastics team loses at Oklahoma.

Bad 4 days.

Waiting for softball now...

On tonight, I didn’t like sitting JD for JQ late. Most nights you go JQ but he was out of it tonight and we had just gone on a great run with Jd running point nicely.

our rotations in general have been a bit bizarre the last few games. Oats is searching a bit
Right now JD is zero scoring threat. Only gets his points off fast break or offensive rebounds. Since our defense sucks at the moment there aren't many fast break opportunities. While he struggled last night, JQ is the best offensive threat we have. At least he's not afraid to use his quickness and drive to the basket at any given time. JD in the half court just dribbles around above the arc looking for the closest guy to pass to because he's so afraid now to turn the ball over. Just seems like he's not playing to win, but playing not to fail.

To your point it seems Oats is trying to find any sort of rotation that shows even the slightest bit of chemistry, because right now no matter what 5 we have on the court, their chemistry resembles that of your average pickup game at the rec center.

Right now JD is zero scoring threat. Only gets his points off fast break or offensive rebounds. Since our defense sucks at the moment there aren't many fast break opportunities. While he struggled last night, JQ is the best offensive threat we have. At least he's not afraid to use his quickness and drive to the basket at any given time. JD in the half court just dribbles around above the arc looking for the closest guy to pass to because he's so afraid now to turn the ball over. Just seems like he's not playing to win, but playing not to fail.

To your point it seems Oats is trying to find any sort of rotation that shows even the slightest bit of chemistry, because right now no matter what 5 we have on the court, their chemistry resembles that of your average pickup game at the rec center.
I agree on Jd as a whole, but last night I’m pretty sure JQ was -14ish at one point. It wasn’t his night and we had just made a huge run with Davison in

looked it up… last night it was JQ -15, JD +10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT