ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk the recruiting class/next year @Harper41

D Isaiah T Billings-Clyde7

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2016
First, congrats on the new born! Our first is due in June, so pro tips also accepted ITT. I’m sure you won’t be on much but hopefully eventually you can give some input

JD, Shack, Quinerly, all three 100% goners? Anybody else you expect to take off? Obvious transfer candidates would be KAH and Tchikou. I’m hoping nobody else hits the portal…..

on the recruiting class….
Brandon Miller - what do you expect out of him? Is this an NBA body and Athlete that “will be so good once he learns how to dribble, shoot, guard, and rebound” or is this a guy with SEC ready skillset that can be a star in the league next year? Is he expected to play the 4 and is he a guy that can stretch the floor for us?

Jayden Bradley - kind of same question. We may be dependent on this guy running point 30+ minutes. Is he an sec ready ball handler?

I feel like the whole class will have to contribute right away unless we get some surprise returners or hit the jackpot in the portal. But those 2 we are really going to need to be ready to rock. If they aren’t ready to play at a high level by January we could be in for a rough year next year.

First, congrats on the new born! Our first is due in June, so pro tips also accepted ITT. I’m sure you won’t be on much but hopefully eventually you can give some input

JD, Shack, Quinerly, all three 100% goners? Anybody else you expect to take off? Obvious transfer candidates would be KAH and Tchikou. I’m hoping nobody else hits the portal…..

on the recruiting class….
Brandon Miller - what do you expect out of him? Is this an NBA body and Athlete that “will be so good once he learns how to dribble, shoot, guard, and rebound” or is this a guy with SEC ready skillset that can be a star in the league next year? Is he expected to play the 4 and is he a guy that can stretch the floor for us?

Jayden Bradley - kind of same question. We may be dependent on this guy running point 30+ minutes. Is he an sec ready ball handler?

I feel like the whole class will have to contribute right away unless we get some surprise returners or hit the jackpot in the portal. But those 2 we are really going to need to be ready to rock. If they aren’t ready to play at a high level by January we could be in for a rough year next year.
Not Harp but in my opinion, Bradley is a bit overrated as a 5 star McDonalds AA. He’s good, but I see him as a several year college player. I’m concerned about pg next year unless Q stays or Oats hits the portal.

However, Rylen Griffen has been underrated and is a legit SEC caliber scorer at all levels of the floor right now.

Reactions: pfaud001
Not Harp but in my opinion, Bradley is a bit overrated as a 5 star McDonalds AA. He’s good, but I see him as a several year college player. I’m concerned about pg next year unless Q stays or Oats hits the portal.

However, Rylen Griffen has been underrated and is a legit SEC caliber scorer at all levels of the floor right now.
Yea, idk that they have the bball recruiting rankings/evaluation as dialed in as football. I think they get too carried away with potential. I think if you rate a guy a 5 star it should be a guy who’s skillset is elite and ready to be a key contributor and nba lottery type prospect. I don’t think a guy that could be amazing in 5 years should be a 5 star lol. There shouldn’t be but 5-10 5 stars per year in bball.

anyway, thanks for input. I have heard more good things about Griffen than any of our prospects this year

don`t understand your concerns with bradley. seems to be college ready.

don`t understand your concerns with bradley. seems to be college ready.
Hope I’m wrong. Just doesn’t look to me to have the speed/quickness needed. His highlights look pretty pedestrian and his stats are a little disappointing. I could go drop 10-15 points per game in high school right now. Again, hope I’m wrong.

Hope I’m wrong. Just doesn’t look to me to have the speed/quickness needed. His highlights look pretty pedestrian and his stats are a little disappointing. I could go drop 10-15 points per game in high school right now. Again, hope I’m wrong.
Shut up fool. He plays at the best high school program there is alongside at least 2 other 5 stars in his class. You aren’t scoring 15 in church league

1) Brandon Miller is a 1 and done guy. Super talented and could be a Jabari Smith type riser in terms of draft stock. He’s already a top 15 projected pick.

2) Jaden Bradley is more college ready than JD was imo. Bradley just plays with a great pace about him and is a great decision maker. I see him as probably a 2 year player.

3) Griffen is going to be phenomenal playing next to Nimari Burnett and Miller. He’s top 5 shooter in this class

1) Brandon Miller is a 1 and done guy. Super talented and could be a Jabari Smith type riser in terms of draft stock. He’s already a top 15 projected pick.

2) Jaden Bradley is more college ready than JD was imo. Bradley just plays with a great pace about him and is a great decision maker. I see him as probably a 2 year player.

3) Griffen is going to be phenomenal playing next to Nimari Burnett and Miller. He’s top 5 shooter in this class
Agree completely. Bradley seems to be a smart player, and will help. I just question how much immediate impact he’ll have.

Agree completely. Bradley seems to be a smart player, and will help. I just question how much immediate impact he’ll have.
You agree completely???
Your first post said the opposite.....sounds like you feel strongly both ways
Wow

Reactions: Pooley Hubert
You agree completely???
Your first post said the opposite.....sounds like you feel strongly both ways
Wow
My concerns are not whether or not he’s a good player. If he’s going to be a 2-3 year player I think he’ll be a good long term asset. I do not believe he’ll help us a ton one year from now. Not sure what the problem is.

My concerns are not whether or not he’s a good player. If he’s going to be a 2-3 year player I think he’ll be a good long term asset. I do not believe he’ll help us a ton one year from now. Not sure what the problem is.
burnett should be able to help at the point and hopefully somebody from the portal. combo guards are very valuable.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
I guess it's just me but I don't see how JD can not benefit from staying 1 more year.
His game has some major flaws that would only improve with college competition vs riding the bench or garbage minutes.
Wish college basketball had same the same rules as NFL in leaving early.

Reactions: Codie B
I guess it's just me but I don't see how JD can not benefit from staying 1 more year.
His game has some major flaws that would only improve with college competition vs riding the bench or garbage minutes.
Wish college basketball had same the same rules as NFL in leaving early.
He’ll spend 1 or 2 years in the G League. They believe they can develop him there

My rambling 2 cents:

Shack is gone and should be. He's our alpha this year and most consistent player. He could definitely help us win a championship next season, but we know that's not how this works and he's ready for whatever pro league is the right fit.

Quinerly - I'd assume he's gone, but he's certainly been up and down this year, sometimes starting, sometimes 6th man. I could see another season he becomes the alpha of the team and an All-American type season to propel him further than he's going to be at the end of this season. But I'd guess he's gone.

JD- obviously needs work in a lot of areas and could get better at Bama with 1-2 more seasons, but his raw athleticism/size and hair probably keeps him in the 1st round if he wants to go. I guess if his family needs the money today he should go. Otherwise he's a Bama boy, stick around and develop into the lead PG, work on ballhandling, decision making, outside shot, and defense. If this were 20+ years ago I think he'd easily be advised to stay in college but the world has changed.

Recruits - surprised nobody mentions Pringle and Clowney. Pringle looks SEC ready at a solid 6'9''/225 and plays aggressive, good banger/rebounder. Glad we have him and think he'll play a role.
Easy to see why we went after Clowney. A big that just glides up and down the court with ease, has great hands and nice touch with either hand around the basket. To me he looks like he'll need to eat some pot roast and hit the weights and develop a bit more of mean streak before he really takes off, but lots to work with.
Jaden Bradley looks like a Day 1 starter to me. Good speed with the ball and handles with either hand, seems like he has very good vision and passing ability. Nice shot and plenty of athleticism to boot.
Everyone knows Miller.
These are good times for Bama b-ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT