ADVERTISEMENT

Lewis vs Watford (Hazel Green vs Mountain Brook)

CrmsnTusk4

All American
Jul 29, 2014
I had the pleasure of watching one of the greatest high school basketball games I've ever witnessed in person last night at the VBC. The game looked to be a blowout initially, as Hazel Green was down 30-12 at the end of the 1st quarter. Lewis finally started to heat up, and HG stormed back to be within 4 at the half, and went up 4 early in the 3rd.

Momentum started to shift early in the 4th as Mountain Brook started to pull away by 13, and it looked to be all she wrote for Hazel Green. However, HG was down 10 with less than 3 minutes to go, and with 14 seconds left, Hazel Green down 3, Lewis came up with a loose ball after getting his 3 point attempt blocked by Watford, and hit the game tying 3. Mountain Brook had a chance to win it in regulation, but couldn't connect.

The game goes to OT, and Hazel Green pretty much maintained a 3 point lead through OT and won 94-91 in a thriller.

I know it's likely that Alabama will sign both Watford and Lewis, but I'd take Lewis all day over Watford. Yes, Watford has put up some incredible stats, but it's mostly due to his size and athleticism over the others he's playing against. He's very weak when he gets to the rim, and too emotional, IMO.

Lewis is a kid that can take a game over, and he showed it last night. He has some work to do, but I think he can be a great guard for us if he signs.

Was anyone else there last night?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News