ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Sears Declares for NBA Draft

I think a lot of people don’t understand that he was asked to fill a role that wasn’t his position when Burnett went down and Bradley lost his shot confidence Mark had to play the 2 and off ball most of the time. He’s been a facilitator his whole life not a 2 guard.

I think a lot of people don’t understand that he was asked to fill a role that wasn’t his position when Burnett went down and Bradley lost his shot confidence Mark had to play the 2 and off ball most of the time. He’s been a facilitator his whole life not a 2 guard.
He is not a high level point guard. Much better off the ball. We're in trouble next year if he is our primary ball handler.

Reactions: bet9 and kimbell
He doesn’t dribble like a 1. I didn’t used to think that either.

From the Tennessee game forward he gave me very little confidence in his ball handling .. lights got bright and he panicked a bit.

Turnovers followed.

I hope he comes back. i suspect another year will give him some maturity. Like most he has the whole summer to work on his shot. RTR
He and Q returning is going to be big, I don't care what any of these cats say. Oats hit on like 6 players last year with recruits and the portal. Pretty dumb to think he's going to do that every season.

Sears carried us first half of season. Was spotty in second half and unfortunately hit a shooting slump during SEC and NCAA tourney. He is a great defender and shooting guard. Maybe not your ideal point guard but I will take his physicality, hustle and attitude all day long. First year in SEC give the kid a break. They all failed us in NCAA tourney. Yes, even Miller.

l certainly hope this kid comes back. l really like his toughness and rebounding ability for his height. Like all players at times his shooting is off, but there is no doubt he was a big contributor to this team winning 31 games this year.

We definitely need him back and l think he would be a team leader on the court next year.

My son saw him last night in Birmingham with his girlfriend. He took pictures with him and his friends. Some of them were Auburn fans still wanted his picture. He is a great player and a great person. I hope he comes back, but if someone wants to pay him to go pro, good for him. As for his skill, the kid can guard and he can shoot. As Lainey said, he can really rebound for his size. We will need his leadership next year, too.

I don’t get the hate on our players. All of them going pro is a great spotlight for our program. I hate it that the world changed. We won’t get to keep players for years and years, but I will always like the ones that come here.

Sheff you do realize I was agreeing with you about his post being dumb. Saying that some people just came in to blast people (talking about his comment) every chance.

Mark Sears is the most unselfish player on the team. You do know why the student section wears the hard hats? If there was a blue collar player on this years team it was Mark. I don’t care if Q returns. No I take that back. I hope he doesn’t return. I was so happy when JD Davidson got drafted. Tired of the turn overs. In the sweet 16 I was screaming for a timeout, and Q to stop driving in to get his layup blocked every time. If you will ask I will tell you how I really feel.

Mark Sears is the most unselfish player on the team. You do know why the student section wears the hard hats? If there was a blue collar player on this years team it was Mark. I don’t care if Q returns. No I take that back. I hope he doesn’t return. I was so happy when JD Davidson got drafted. Tired of the turn overs. In the sweet 16 I was screaming for a timeout, and Q to stop driving in to get his layup blocked every time. If you will ask I will tell you how I really feel.
Oh weird... a fan with Musso in his handle not understanding basketball...
shocked philip j fry GIF

Reactions: GOBAMA100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT