ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Alabama Ladies round of 32

End of 1st quarter 30 to 9 Maryland.

Maryland on pace to score 120. Bama May wish there was a mercy rule in this game.

They are playing a good team. This is a normal outcome. How many times do they get jumped on early by good teams?

This is not pretty basketball. Bama is a slow team. The point guard bringing the ball down never shoots. Number 22 don’t get back down the court on defense until after Maryland has scored most of the time.

Bama shooting bricks, too many easy sloppy turnovers, can’t rebound and missing FT.

I think I’m gonna quit watching it also.

I don't understand why we have the shortest player on the floor inbounding the ball. The person inbounding has to be able to look for open people all over the court. Seems like a no brainer.

It was a tough end to a good season and shows that we still have a ways to go to become elite. Our program has slowly climbed its way from a bottom 32 to a top 32 team, so I will take some solace in that. I enjoyed watching the ladies play this year the few times that I was able to catch them on tv.

I think the style of play Bama is offering right now is not gonna be attractive to the elite high school players.

Bama women team needs to change to a more faster team. Maryland was playing ball on their end of the court after a rebound before half of Bama team even got back. Five on three or four and scoring.

The coach is gonna have to change this style or get left behind.

It was at least the best team Bama has had in women's basketball in 20 years. That tells you how far Bama is behind. Need Mrs Nate Oats to take over LoL.

Keep the current coach if you want to finish 7th in the SEC and get blown out by 36 in the 2nd round of NCAA’s.
Also keep her and her husband if you NEVER want to sign any top 5 player from your home state. That is what you have with Curry.
I would fire her tomorrow. What do you want to be?

Hopefully Copeland and Jordan will take advantage of the rule that allows for an extra year do to COVID-19. I really think that Walker should consider it also. The Salary In WNBA is not that high with most players making there money playing overseas. And due to COVID when will that really start again. A chance for her to get additional education towards masters etc.

If I were Curry, and she is retained, I would duplicate Oats style and recruit like mad. we need shooter.we’re too slow and cautious. We need some height too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT