ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops 🏀 Matthew Winick Alabama transfer grades

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Great stuff from Matthew Winick grading every DI transfer. Here's how he evaluated Alabama's portal additions.

Aden Holloway A-: "Excellent pedigree, and did a fantastic job of running the show offensively, elite AST/TO ratio for a freshman in a tough spot. Was an awesome shooter to start the year and completely fell off a cliff. Alabama's spacing will probably help unlock way more open looks. He could be awesome."

Houston Mallette B+: "I've always been a big Mallette guy, and I see the vision here as a pure sharpshooter with off-the-bounce skill. Has Griffen size, and could fill that role. But he's just never won in his career and been a pylon defensively. So this could go either way."

Clifford Omoruyi A: "Probably one of my 5 favourite fits in the portal. Monster rim protector with great size, timing and terrific bounce. Dunks everything and is terrific as a lob threat. He's going from one of the worst spaced offenses in the country to the best. It's a perfect fit. He'll look like an entirely different player next year. Could shoot 70% from the field. Bediako with polish. And he was a monster."

Chris Youngblood A-: "40%+ from deep on 145+ attempts in three straight seasons. Yeah, that'll do. Not a major negative on D. All the way here for this. From Tuscaloosa too."

Check out the full spreadsheet if you'd like. He literally graded every transfer so everyone who left Bama is here too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News