ADVERTISEMENT

Me and my sources’ thoughts from scrimmage/Camp

Forest Dale Gump

Rookie
Gold Member
May 25, 2021
I was at the scrimmage as I’ve been done for the last decade (except last year)
Offense
-Billingsley violated COVID protocol and went to a party. He has to make it up but will be back. Latu has shown he can step up and make plays. We will need both.

-Bryce Young hasn’t looked AMAZING yet but shows flashes and has confidence. He won’t be Mac last year or Tua the year before. We didn’t really see his scrambling and legs much in camp but will in the games, which will bring another element. He also doesn’t have the WRs or the OLine which I’ll touch on later. Tyson is a steady backup and can play if needed, just not sure how he’ll react with in game pressure. Milroe plays like a freshman. He relies on his legs now due to it being his best trait, since he’s not there as far as the checks, playbook reads etc. He will get there. I’m glad he isnt pressed to play like Jalen Hurts was so he should develop a lot better as a passer. I know he’s likely to redshirt but he runs so well hard to not have a package for him. As far as talent, he’s definitely QB #2.

Oline, Neal and Ekiyor hold this group together. Anytime those guys were nicked up etc the OLine looked not as good. A lot of the 2s have had a chance to get quality reps. Latham will be a first rounder. Hearing good things about George too, going to be hard to keep them out of the top 5. The experience Owens gained last year will pay dividends this year, Dalcourt is solid too.

Trey Sanders has emerged as our best back. He and Mcclellan seem as though the push each other and been trying to prove themselves. Not sure if the competition is friendly or not but they are making one another better. Don’t sleep on Roydell either, I hope he doesn’t get lost in the rotation. Wheaton can be a Drake, Kamara type guy didn’t see him at the scrimmage though. This is the strength of the offense right now. BRob will be BRob.

Jameson Williams IMO has emerged as the alpha of the WRs. Will it show up in games, we don’t know. Metchie is proven but not as the main guy. Overall HUGE drop versus last 4 years but if the young guys like Hall and Brooks can step up once they get game experience. IMO Brooks is the best overall. Hall has potential too but some feel he was passed by Earle and Brooks as far as freshman.

Defense

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News