ADVERTISEMENT

My experience at Auburn yesterday

NashTider

All American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2001
1) Parked by a cow pasture on Wire Road about 2 miles from the stadium. Cows were in the field and you could see the stadium in the background. How fitting for Auburn.

2) Was seated in one of the Bama sections in the upper deck (section 113) so I never really had any interactions with Auburn fans. To say they were stunned after the game is the understatement of understatements. Not a one of them said a peep to me (good or bad) after the game walking back to the car.

3) Seated so high in the stadium I really couldn't tell how loud the stadium was. After I watch my DVRd replay (I'm fast forwarding through the 1st three quarters) I may change my mind, but it didn't seem as loud as many other venues in the SEC.

4) I've read where many Bama fans have called Jordan-Hare a dump & just thought they were letting their Bama fandom sway their view. But guys, it REALLY is a dump. Looks like they've done VERY little to the aesthetics of the stadium in the last 30 years (I last attended a game at JHS for the 1993 Iron Bowl). It in NO WAY compares to Bryant-Denny. BDS is light years better than JHS. Jordan-Hare ranks 13th out of 14 SEC stadiums I've attended, with Vandy being #14.

5) The massive jumbotron didn't impress me. I much prefer the one at Mississippi State. The stats were displayed in a confusing manner, listing the average yardage per completion underneath the completion/attempts ratio, rather than total passing yardage.

6) Our campus is so much nicer than theirs. Whoever coined the phrase "loveliest village on the plains" has apparently never been outside of east-central Alabama. It's truly nothing special.

7) I do have a positive comment, and that's on the soft pretzels they serve at the concession stands. It was warm and very tasty. Wish we had them at BDS.

Altogether, it was a painfully agonizing 58 1/2 minutes until the last 1:30 of the game, but I'm very proud of this team for NEVER quitting. If this doesn't cement Bryce Young as the Heisman winner, I don't know what does. On to Atlanta and ROLL TIDE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News