ADVERTISEMENT

My reply to Sashakodie and the rest of the First Class Alabama Fans

Boomer100

Rookie
Jun 14, 2015
I want to take the time to respond to the events that transpired over the last 48 hours. I truly understand the sentiments of those on this fan site who are irritated by what has transpired and I have no words that will probably change how you feel. I do want you all to know that I did not mislead anyone on this site at anytime and to tell you I have become quite impressed with the class and character of the Alabama fan base. There will always be fans that are angry at anytime for whatever reason and I understand in this case that those feelings are very much justified.
However, this really was a very hard decision for Eddy. So much so that he became quite emotional trying to figure out how to tell the Alabama coaching staff that he had a change of heart. I have never seen Eddy so stressed out like he was over the last two weeks. It was like wrestling with the anguish of deciding what he knew he should do with what he wanted to do.
There were some factors that finally tipped the balance in favor of Florida and none of them had anything to do with Adam coming back. Eddy was comfortable with whatever arrangement that the coaching staff had planned for next year with the two kickers, understanding that it only made good sense for the coaching staff to go with a proven senior before committing to a new freshman. And if that happened, Eddy knew he would still have three years left. By the way, he thinks very highly of Adam.
The real big factor was the proximity to his family, that initially when he committed to Alabama was not an issue all of a sudden became more of a factor with every hour getting closer to signing day. He definitely felt a strong need for his family to be able to see him play on a regular basis in person which would have been nearly impossible at Alabama.
He was so excited for so long to be going to Alabama and that is what made this decision so challenging for him.
I know because I saw the anguish on his face and heard the conflict he was dealing with in his voice.
For all of you who feel betrayed by Eddy, please ask yourself if it is acceptable for Alabama going after other recruits who are verbally committed to other schools. They have been actively doing this the entire year. I could be wrong, but I believe the current Heisman Trophy winner, Derrick Henry, was acquired that way on a flip from Georgia. Alabama will always win with or without Eddy or anyone else who has a change of heart. In the end, it is a by product of the recruiting process.
I have met some absolutely class acts on this site and wonder if other fan bases have the same type of moral compass that defines all of you who I have had the opportunity to share Eddy's experience with on this forum. You all support the best football program in the nation and because of that you can afford to rise above the masses.
Good Luck to Alabama and go win the National championship!
Godspeed,
Boomer

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News