ADVERTISEMENT

My view of the game

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
Darn proud of the way our guys DID NOT roll over when they had the chance.
I was not surprised we could not stop their offense when we needed to. I have said for a couple of years our D does not stop good offenses. We have LOST our identity on defense.

I said prior to the game Burrow is very good and he deserves to be in the conversation for the 1st QB picked. The job Brady has done with Burrow and their offense is nothing short of AMAZING. Made the changes in one season and the players execute it like they have been running it for 5 years.

Tua was not 100% .. he gave all he had but imo his 2 turnovers were costly and I don't think they were related to his injury. He simply dropped the ball on the run and made a horrible decision. Did the same against Clemson.
Harris had his best game at Bama .. helped his draft stock. The OL whiffed on many of the blitzes ...in the end the offense scored 41 points ... with no help from turnovers. 41 and lose how far has our defense fallen.Why do we not have a little back who kills people in space?
Maybe we saw why the punter was not the punter ....

Defense ...stale ... missed more tackles than we saw in some years. Davis cost himself money last year and more this year ...
FACTS ... in our last 4 games against GOOD offenses ... UGA, OU, Clemson, LSU the average game

24 of 37 65% 337 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints 154 yards 4.3 yards a carry and 38 points a game.
Teams have to decide do we want to throw it or run it because we can do what we want. I have said Burrow is great .. but it seems we say the same after every game we play against a good offense. When we came back last night I told my wife ... LSU will score if they need to.

jmo CNS has some hard calls on defense .. has to kill him to see HIS defense freight trained ... What impact is the new offense having on the defense and WINNING? 41 point 25 minutes.
We have lost our identity PHYSICAL PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH on offense and defense. We can point to misses in recruiting, injuries, great games by the other QB etc JMO ... but in the first half we had guys communicating what they were going to do when the ball was snapped .. if the players can't play the system you WANT to run .. RUN the one they can play at 100% .... uncertainty leads to blown assignments and missed tackles.

We have lost our ability to DOMINATE a game running the ball and on defense. Can we get it back? I hate Big 12 games ... but guess I need to learn to enjoy them. Many on here, when we were winning championships, kept saying we need a better QB and passing game ... well we got it and does not look like we will need to buy any new NC T's. We are more entertaining on offense ... I hated the shift when we made it and hate it more now. jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News