ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats clarifies 'unfortunate remarks' in new statement

I’m glad he had the balls to come back and apologize.
This is a sh1t storm.
I know what I’d do as a coach of this team and it wouldn’t be popular

Too late.

A statement handed to him by UA legal to release as his clarification isn't going to get that genie back in the bottle.

Not the first time Oats has had a flare up of foot in mouth disease (i.e. calling out Coach K for trying to cancel a covid season) but this took something that looked bad and drew all kinds of attention to it that wouldn't have otherwise been there.

People grouch about coach speak remarks and coaches that use clichés to fill in for comments but they still work better than this original statement. All he had to say was he trusts the authorities that had previously cleared everyone else on the team and he has a game to get them ready to play.

Too late.

A statement handed to him by UA legal to release as his clarification isn't going to get that genie back in the bottle.

Not the first time Oats has had a flare up of foot in mouth disease (i.e. calling out Coach K for trying to cancel a covid season) but this took something that looked bad and drew all kinds of attention to it that wouldn't have otherwise been there.

People grouch about coach speak remarks and coaches that use clichés to fill in for comments but they still work better than this original statement. All he had to say was he trusts the authorities that had previously cleared everyone else on the team and he has a game to get them ready to play.
I agree. He knew these questions were coming, and should have been better prepared to handle them then he was at that press conference. I do think this situation, the way some of them slanted Miller’s involvement, was going to be big, regardless, of what CNO said, but he certainly didn’t help himself or the situation, with a media that he should have known was going to prey on his every word.

Who cares what Oats said, this will be a non story in a month or less. It's only national news because it's a college sports and a future NBA player. The media knows they'll get clicks on their sites, because fans of other teams will eat it up. It's horrible what happened but this would of been a local story if sports players wasn't involved.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT