ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats

I am loving it. Took 25 plus years to get back to great basketball IMO. Not been that way since Wimp days. Oats may be the greatest coach ever at Bama before its over with. IMO CM Newton has that title right now, but Oats may be six games away from taking that title.

Made $50,000 for the conference season title, $50,000 for the tournament title, and 50,000 for getting in the NCAA tournament. Still can add $25,000 for each tournament win until Bama reaches the final four, then $300,000 for each win in the final four.

Good for him. Hopefully he puts $850,000 in his pocket at the end of the tournament.

Made $50,000 for the conference season title, $50,000 for the tournament title, and 50,000 for getting in the NCAA tournament. Still can add $25,000 for each tournament win until Bama reaches the final four, then $300,000 for each win in the final four.

Good for him. Hopefully he puts $850,000 in his pocket at the end of the tournament.
I hope the assistants are included in these bonuses. These guys may be as important as CNO.

Nate Oats at Alabama in 4 years:

Record: 90-41 (.687)
Conf: 49-23 (.681)
2x SEC Regular Season Champ
2x SEC ConfTourney Champ
3 NCAA Tourney Appearances (TBD)
1 Sweet 16
Program’s first ever #1 seed in March

Responsible for 2/3 best seasons in Alabama History. In 4 years.
That is AWESOME!
We are lucky to have Nate Oats, but we will have to create our own luck to keep him.
BUILD THE DAMN NEW ARENA!

I hope we can keep him from Kentucky or any other traditional basketball schools.

Nate Oats at Alabama in 4 years:

Record: 90-41 (.687)
Conf: 49-23 (.681)
2x SEC Regular Season Champ
2x SEC ConfTourney Champ
3 NCAA Tourney Appearances (TBD)
1 Sweet 16
Program’s first ever #1 seed in March

Responsible for 2/3 best seasons in Alabama History. In 4 years.
I think all fans are excited about him.

I know oats has recruited great players but I’ve seen real growth from him and his staff in x’s and o’s.

Defense has improved but it’s in the half court that I see drastic improvement.

One example :

Clowney slipped a screen today and Miller was at the top of the key to pass it to him as clowney flashed down the lane for a dunk…- a thing of beauty and simple and it caught A&M flat footed.

Bama is known as a three point team ( and they are ); however, bama has been outstanding in the paint.

Hate to toot my own horn...na jk, love to.

We did this by hiring a good coach like I said we needed to do since Gottfried not by giving out free hotdogs and pizza or free tickets and without a new gym..

We even out recruited schools that I was told we couldn't.

Ps: My Pearl plan has almost worked to perfection.

@BAMAPG
Lol. You just tagged someone that hasn't posted here in >six months.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
This year's baggage locks him in for a while.
I agree but it only buys us a year. If he can make a final 4 this year and field a competitive squad next season then every AD is going to be gauging his interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: winin11
Hate to toot my own horn...na jk, love to.

We did this by hiring a good coach like I said we needed to do since Gottfried not by giving out free hotdogs and pizza or free tickets and without a new gym..

We even out recruited schools that I was told we couldn't.

Ps: My Pearl plan has almost worked to perfection.

@BAMAPG
Doesn't sound like you hate it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT