ADVERTISEMENT

nba draft

I think that last year they did it all in one night. By all accounts we should have two go in the first 25 picks. I guess Clowney did not make a mistake, Bediako made a mistake.
I agree with the post. I will say that Clowney could've improved his stock with another year, but 1st round is still good. Bediako definitely made a mistake. He'll sign a free agent deal, but he won't see the court for at least 3 years imo.

If Primo can be a lottery pick, Clowney should be a lottery pick…The NBA draft, with just 1 year required of college, or 1 year in G League, is the ultimate crapshoot…The top 3 picks in this year’s draft will have played only ONE year of college basketball..

Reactions: lainey2020
They should be able to get it all done tonight if there's not a lot of jibber-jabbing by the talking-heads. I'm not interested in knowing what type of tractor someone's grand daddy operated.

• Haha
Reactions: lainey2020
If Primo can be a lottery pick, Clowney should be a lottery pick…The NBA draft, with just 1 year required of college, or 1 year in G League, is the ultimate crapshoot…The top 3 picks in this year’s draft will have played only ONE year of college basketball..
Primo had no business leaving, but like JD Davidson his reputation out of high school had the NBA folks ready for them and they knew it.

Reactions: vegas man
Primo had no business leaving, but like JD Davidson his reputation out of high school had the NBA folks ready for them and they knew it.
Reputation out of high school is stupid. How well a player can adjust to the competition of college should be the biggest factor. JD Davison probably just tuck the money and run with no self assurance that he could improve with another year. I think he was deflated & unsure after experiencing the difference between the competition of high school vrs the college level. His decision making was too slow for the speed of the game. The clown hair is ok when you’re a full step ahead of the competition, but it looks foolest when you’re a step behind the competition. I still question the NBA drafting these kids like Davison & Primo after one year. I understand our two 1st round picks this year after only one year in college. Bediako was like a lot of 7’ players. Stiff with very little room to improve. I watched him practicing shooting free throws at the LSU game. He made 1 out of 12. No hand to eye coordination. Maybe he realized he had reached his ceiling. These are mostly young boys with emotions. JQ is going to be something like 23 years old this year. He has the ability to do some crazy passes behind the back, but he isn’t a pistol Pete by any means. His decision making is behind the speed of the game resulting in to many turnovers. His best option is to play one more year of college. That is my observation.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
Primo being a lottery pick just shows how watered down the NBA is now. Too many teams. Would not watch for 10 minutes.

Reputation out of high school is stupid. How well a player can adjust to the competition of college should be the biggest factor. JD Davison probably just tuck the money and run with no self assurance that he could improve with another year. I think he was deflated & unsure after experiencing the difference between the competition of high school vrs the college level. His decision making was too slow for the speed of the game. The clown hair is ok when you’re a full step ahead of the competition, but it looks foolest when you’re a step behind the competition. I still question the NBA drafting these kids like Davison & Primo after one year. I understand our two 1st round picks this year after only one year in college. Bediako was like a lot of 7’ players. Stiff with very little room to improve. I watched him practicing shooting free throws at the LSU game. He made 1 out of 12. No hand to eye coordination. Maybe he realized he had reached his ceiling. These are mostly young boys with emotions. JQ is going to be something like 23 years old this year. He has the ability to do some crazy passes behind the back, but he isn’t a pistol Pete by any means. His decision making is behind the speed of the game resulting in to many turnovers. His best option is to play one more year of college. That is my observation.

Unlike others, I'm not sure if Bediako made a bad decision. The NBA drafts more for potential than it does for a polished great college basketball player. Bediako left when he still had potential and if he repeated last year next season he might not even been given a chance.

I personally think he should've stayed but the NBA is screwed up.

Unlike others, I'm not sure if Bediako made a bad decision. The NBA drafts more for potential than it does for a polished great college basketball player. Bediako left when he still had potential and if he repeated last year next season he might not even been given a chance.

I personally think he should've stayed but the NBA is screwed up.
I don’t want to seem that I’m eating one of our own but I do not feel he has the physical gifts to get much better than blocking a few shots. He was to stiff to even fake a charging penalty by falling backwards.

The NBA is cheating a lot of these kids with money that seems high to them. But will not sustain them. There needs to be some type of legislation to prevent them from being drafted before they play at least 2 years of college. To protect the kids who have no ideal about money verse a degree.

I still question the NBA drafting these kids like Davison & Primo after one year.
I feel like the NBA now drafts primarily on potential rather than proven ability. The league continues to water down more each year.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT