ADVERTISEMENT

Negative Nancys over the Dayton MBB game

1 stick

All American
Feb 8, 2007
I've seen several posts telling everyone to settle down, but after reading through the board, I haven't seen one post that was not overwhelmingly in support of CAJ. So, everybody pat yourself on the back because we're smart enough to know it will take a little bit for CAJ to turn things around.

However, I'd like to make a request. Let's please stop bashing CAG. We all know what he did and did not do for the program. Let's move on with full support for CAJ.

Concerning the Dayton game .... I watched it as saw both a lack of effort and fundamentals. Our defense let them have layups until they were tired of jumping. In the second half, we started jacking 3's with no offensive purpose.

Now, if my stupid head with little basketball knowledge saw all that, I KNOW CAJ saw it. But I never saw him try to do much about it. Thus, I must conclude he anticipated and welcomed it. Maybe he needed some film to use as a learning experience. Who knows. I'm not a basketball coach. It just looked to me like CAJ wanted the players to experience what they did against Dayton.

So, I think CAJ used the Dayton game as a teaching moment. Consequently, I don't think we can use the game to project future (2015) team performance.

At some point I expect Coleman and Ingram to start at point and 2. I think Hubbie stated as such during the game. I wonder if he got that from conversations with CAJ, or saw it with his own eyes? This supports my conclusion that CAJ is plowing today what he hopes to reap in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News