PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Portal
Point guard
Long athletic guard good ball handler/defender
Our starting 4. A guy that can shoot, defend, rebound, defend, and shoot

I love the progress from Bediako and would be upset if he left, I like shack in a less integral roll and would like him back, and Burnett is a key piece for next years team… I think I would be ok trading the rest of the possible returners for a portaler

operation keep acl’s intact starts now

Last edited:
I love look ahead season.

Here’s my hope
C Bediako 7’0”
SG Shack 6’3”
PF Gurley 6’8”
G/F Miles 6’7” or Holt 6’6”
G Burnett 6’4”
G/F Miller 6’9”
PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Portal
Point guard

I love the progress from Bediako and would be upset if he left, I like shack in a less integral roll and would like him back, and Burnett is a key piece for next years team… I think I would be ok trading the rest of the possible returners for a portaler

I can’t get the picture to post but apparently oats said only three players showed up for voluntary shoot around yesterday morning after only JQ showing up the night before. I’m so pissed off by the lack of interest that I only want injured players and those 3 invited back and whichever 2 were there I swear I want them made to average shooting 1000 shots a day between now and August. It’s one thing to lose and another to not care.

To answer my own question

PG JQ (because I think he won’t get drafted due to injury)
C Bediako 7’0”
SG Shack 6’3”
PF Gurley 6’8”
G Burnett 6’4”
SF Miller 6’9”
PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Ohio kid Sears and Kobe Brown from the portal. The rest of the 15 filled out with the best available in the portal

Last edited:
Reactions: Codie B
I can’t get the picture to post but apparently oats said only three players showed up for voluntary shoot around yesterday morning after only JQ showing up the night before. I’m so pissed off by the lack of interest that I only want injured players and those 3 invited back and whichever 2 were there I swear I want them made to average shooting 1000 shots a day between now and August. It’s one thing to lose and another to not care.

C Bediako 7’0”
SG Shack 6’3”
PF Gurley 6’8”
G Burnett 6’4”
SF Miller 6’9”
PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Ohio kid from the portal that’s originally from AL. The rest of the 15 filled out with the best available in the portal
I really think the shoot around thing has kind of been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. I don’t think Oats was intending to make a statement that our players didn’t care, just trying to say JQ had really prepared for the game. JQ has already confirmed he’s gone and that’s a good thing for next years team.

FWIW Juwan Gary’s per 40 numbers are almost identical to Kobe Brown’s…he just played a lot less.

The more I look at the 2022 stats the more Gary only playing 15mpg looks like a major mistake…admittedly some of it was foul trouble as he had a few games that he fouled like it was his job (4 fouls in single digit minutes in multiple games). But his per 40 numbers are a near 20 and 10 guy (17 and 9) which isn’t something to sneer at.

FWIW Juwan Gary’s per 40 numbers are almost identical to Kobe Brown’s…he just played a lot less.

The more I look at the 2022 stats the more Gary only playing 15mpg looks like a major mistake…admittedly some of it was foul trouble as he had a few games that he fouled like it was his job (4 fouls in single digit minutes in multiple games). But his per 40 numbers are a near 20 and 10 guy (17 and 9) which isn’t something to sneer at.
That’s fair, but brown is a little bigger and more suited for the 4 spot whereas I think Gary is more of a 3. I wouldn’t mind Gary coming back as long as he was hurt and not just sulking when he dropped off for the last month or so of the regular season. I’m not sure which it was, but if oats thinks that anybody isn’t buying in I hope they go.

Reactions: pfaud001
I really think the shoot around thing has kind of been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. I don’t think Oats was intending to make a statement that our players didn’t care, just trying to say JQ had really prepared for the game. JQ has already confirmed he’s gone and that’s a good thing for next years team.
Nice try, but that won't fly.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
Nice try, but that won't fly.
Regardless it will be a new roster next year and I’m good with it. Whether this particular situation has been overblown or not it doesn’t change my opinion that this team had chemistry and attitude issues. They wanted to win I’m not saying the my just didn’t care, but their body language was just so bad

Reactions: gdh1954
Regardless it will be a new roster next year and I’m good with it. Whether this particular situation has been overblown or not it doesn’t change my opinion that this team had chemistry and attitude issues. They wanted to win I’m not saying the my just didn’t care, but their body language was just so bad
Totally agree with the attitude problems. IMO, the roster needs to be 75 - 80% revamped. You can't utilize the same players and expect different results. Lets see how hard the returning players (whomever they may be) are willing to work during the offseason to improve. If next season's squad has the same issues, i.e. TOs, dribbling into a packed lane with no plan, careless passing, lax defense on the perimeter, missing layups, etc..., then it will be obvious where the problem lies.

Reactions: stiffdogg37
I love look ahead season.

Here’s my hope
C Bediako 7’0”
SG Shack 6’3”
PF Gurley 6’8”
G/F Miles 6’7” or Holt 6’6”
G Burnett 6’4”
G/F Miller 6’9”
PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Portal
Point guard

I think shack could be a first rounder if he comes back. Next years roster will allow him to be a true shooting guard. Sort of like Clay Thompson role. He wont have to handle the ball as much. I would also love if JD came back. I think the more he plays the better hes going to get. And i think he will be a top 10 pick if he comes back. Just hope Gurley chooses to head elsewhere so Oats isnt inclined to give him PT

I think shack could be a first rounder if he comes back. Next years roster will allow him to be a true shooting guard. Sort of like Clay Thompson role. He wont have to handle the ball as much. I would also love if JD came back. I think the more he plays the better hes going to get. And i think he will be a top 10 pick if he comes back. Just hope Gurley chooses to head elsewhere so Oats isnt inclined to give him PT
I just don’t see it with shack. He’s reached his full potential as a player imo. He’s a good shooter. Average to below average defender, not great size at 6’3” and I’m not sure he can dunk. Good college player, but I don’t see a professional future

It's strange to say after year 3 of a coach, but IMO the team needs a thorough flush of the system and a fresh start. As much as I hate the portal it can allow for that 10 man roster turnover that was basically impossible before.

To me there should maybe 3 guys back after the dust settles.

I guess Burnett will be back? No one has said much about how happy or not happy he's been. Still would like to see what he could do in this system.

Everyone assumes Bediako is back and I like what Bediako can do but his game just struggles to fit what Oats runs. When he is in we're a 4 out lineup or less. He would have been an absolute beast for Grant's style of basketball. If he comes back he at the very least has to get a lot better at avoiding fouls. It seemed like every game where he got a lot of minutes he had foul trouble early and fouled out with a lot of time left.

Gary is probably tired of being here. His minutes got less and less and he couldn't hit enough 3 point shots to stay on the court as anything but a short center.

Ellis and Holt seemed to get doghouse status too much all season long. Maybe they stay but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on with little more than a good luck and no recruiting effort to keep them. If there was real hope to straighten out Holt's shot then keep him and work with him.

JD is probably back but IMO he should just go pro and get it over with. He might not get anything but a late second round pick but his game just struggles with teammates that can't catch his passes and he's too tentative in the open court when we needed him to fill it up at the rim. He had a lot of bad turnovers but he also had a lot of crazy passes that weren't caught in spite of hitting the hands clean.

Maybe Shack is back but he needs to get a lot quicker or we need to fill out a roster where all he has to do is catch and shoot when we need a burst.

JQ is already gone.

Guys like Keon Ambrose and Tchikou apparently have no position. If they can't help us then help them find somewhere to go.

If Gurley stays he needs to live with basketball in his hands. 24/7/365 ball in hands. He could have been a double double machine if he could hold on to the passes he gets.

I think we end up wearing out the phone/zoom calls working the portal to fill the roster.

Last edited:

C Bediako 7’0”
SG Shack 6’3”
PF Gurley 6’8”
G Burnett 6’4”
SF Miller 6’9”
PG Bradley 6’3”
G Griffin 6’6”
PF/CClowney 6’10”
F Pringle 6’8”

Ohio kid Sears and Kobe Brown from the portal. The rest of the 15 filled out with the best available in the portal
We only get 13 scholarships in basketball.

It's strange to say after year 3 of a coach, but IMO the team needs a thorough flush of the system and a fresh start. As much as I hate the portal it can allow for that 10 man roster turnover that was basically impossible before.

To me there should maybe 3 guys back after the dust settles.

I guess Burnett will be back? No one has said much about how happy or not happy he's been. Still would like to see what he could do in this system.

Everyone assumes Bediako is back and I like what Bediako can do but his game just struggles to fit what Oats runs. When he is in we're a 4 out lineup or less. He would have been an absolute beast for Grant's style of basketball. If he comes back he at the very least has to get a lot better at avoiding fouls. It seemed like every game where he got a lot of minutes he had foul trouble early and fouled out with a lot of time left.

Gary is probably tired of being here. His minutes got less and less and he couldn't hit enough 3 point shots to stay on the court as anything but a short center.

Ellis and Holt seemed to get doghouse status too much all season long. Maybe they stay but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on with little more than a good luck and no recruiting effort to keep them. If there was real hope to straighten out Holt's shot then keep him and work with him.

JD is probably back but IMO he should just go pro and get it over with. He might not get anything but a late second round pick but his game just struggles with teammates that can't catch his passes and he's too tentative in the open court when we needed him to fill it up at the rim. He had a lot of bad turnovers but he also had a lot of crazy passes that weren't caught in spite of hitting the hands clean.

Maybe Shack is back but he needs to get a lot quicker or we need to fill out a roster where all he has to do is catch and shoot when we need a burst.

JQ is already gone.

Guys like Keon Ambrose and Tchikou apparently have no position. If they can't help us then help them find somewhere to go.

If Gurley stays he needs to live with basketball in his hands. 24/7/365 ball in hands. He could have been a double double machine if he could hold on to the passes he gets.

I think we end up wearing out the phone/zoom calls working the portal to fill the roster.
Bediako can fit as he develops. Never going to be a serious 3 point threat but as he gets tougher, stronger, smarter he can be a great 5 for us. Especially anchoring the defense and rebounding. He came a really long way playing around the rim and being a shot blocker this year but has to get better in the boards and like you said, play without fouling. He could feast if we get us a few guys that can dish it to him at a high level on the drive and throw lobs. This years team could NOT throw a lob. Charles is also a really good passer from inside which can set up a lot of good looks from 3

Last edited:
Reactions: pfaud001
I just don’t see it with shack. He’s reached his full potential as a player imo. He’s a good shooter. Average to below average defender, not great size at 6’3” and I’m not sure he can dunk. Good college player, but I don’t see a professional future
You might be right. Really didnt think of the defensive side of the ball whem i compared him to Thompson so that was stupid lol. Still think he would compliment our offense if he comes back

You might be right. Really didnt think of the defensive side of the ball whem i compared him to Thompson so that was stupid lol. Still think he would compliment our offense if he comes back
Oh yea there’s no doubt he can help us and probably lead us in scoring. It’s just hard to get drafted and he doesn’t check many boxes.

You would think with those tree-trunk legs and at 6'3" he would be rattling the rim, but he barely has any hops. JD is part Kangaroo. Shack's forte' is spot up shooter. When he drives to the hoop I cringe.

For those who think the players are not gym rats, this is from Passink.

I think some of the kids need new life, but I do think these will remain.

Big charles
Miles
Burnett
Gurley
Gary
Possibly Shack?

I hate Ambrose didn’t work out. I thought he looked pretty good when he came in. I definitely think he could play better than Rojas. I hate to beat up on Rojas because he did have some moments. He did seem to give his all in games, but he couldn’t jump.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT