ADVERTISEMENT

Nimari Burnett Enters the Portal

There was some noise late in the weekend that a lot of surprises may be coming with regards to which players stay and who we end up having to sign. It was implied that there may be some turnover again with Bradley, Burnett, and maybe even Pringle moving on and an early enrollee might have to be re-recruited to keep around. I guess the coaching changes are fueling some assumptions here but Bradley may just want a change of scenery. His game just completely tanked when word got out that he was there the night of the shooting.

Reactions: bet9 and cola68
I wish him the best of luck.
I had high hopes for him but if I'm being honest his blocked layout against SDSU kind of deflated my hopes. You will recall Burnett driving to the basket unimpeded along the baseline at full speed and instead of using his athletic 6-4 1/2 frame to dunk the ball he attempts a layout and gets it blocked. This was a play the helped spur on the SDSU run. Dunk the ball!! At the very least if you miss the dunk it will more than likely be because you were fouled. That's what I appreciate about Pringle. He makes sure (with authority) the ball goes in the hole by dunking it.

Reactions: bet9 and Bhug
I had high hopes for him but if I'm being honest his blocked layout against SDSU kind of deflated my hopes. You will recall Burnett driving to the basket unimpeded along the baseline at full speed and instead of using his athletic 6-4 1/2 frame to dunk the ball he attempts a layout and gets it blocked. This was a play the helped spur on the SDSU run. Dunk the ball!! At the very least if you miss the dunk it will more than likely be because you were fouled. That's what I appreciate about Pringle. He makes sure (with authority) the ball goes in the hole by dunking it.
Technically, He should have used a reverse layup there because you have the entire goal and net as a barrier between you and good shot blocking big.

Idk if he has the hops for a dunk there

Reactions: bet9
I agree. But I'm guessing he'll get some sort of waiver. I still don't think the NCAA has any balls to stop these kids from bouncing around from program to program on an annual basis.
I’ll bet a nickel to a dollar that he will use the shooting to say he doesn’t feel safe at Alabama. He will definitely get a waiver if that’s the case.

Makes sense given how his minutes played out this season. He’s another guy that was suppose to be a great shooter but didn’t shoot it well at Bama. That list is getting longer and longer.
I questioned those who all but guaranteed he would be difference maker when he transferred to Alabama. I kept saying there was a reason why he played so few minutes at Texas Tech, a few tried to convince me that it was more a “style fit” than it was that he might not have been as great as his recruiting ranking. Don’t get me wrong, I hoped he would be, but I had my doubts.

I questioned those who all but guaranteed he would be difference maker when he transferred to Alabama. I kept saying there was a reason why he played so few minutes at Texas Tech, a few tried to convince me that it was more a “style fit” than it was that he might not have been as great as his recruiting ranking. Don’t get me wrong, I hoped he would be, but I had my doubts.
Before Burnette got hurt, he was a starter and a difference maker. His defense was elite. Let’s don’t bash him on the way out.

Before Burnette got hurt, he was a starter and a difference maker. His defense was elite. Let’s don’t bash him on the way out.
Oh I’m not bashing him at all, just didn’t think he was a difference maker and while he’s a solid player I don’t think he will be too difficult to replace. Just my opinion.

Reactions: pfaud001
Oh I’m not bashing him at all, just didn’t think he was a difference maker and while he’s a solid player I don’t think he will be too difficult to replace. Just my opinion.
When I saw him in practice (I know practice)before he got hurt last year, he was incredible. He didn’t miss but like one or two shots the whole scrimmage. I know scouts were coming to practice to look at him according to Oats at a speech he gave.

Reactions: lainey2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT