ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Lamar Jackson has won the Geno Smith 11 week Heisman, Who wins

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
Last night we saw the blowup of the Heisman winner in true Geno Smith fashion, so the question is who wins the Heisman Trophy now?

I know that everyone remembers when the Heisman Trophy was awarded to Geno Smith of West Virginia after six weeks of the season. Don't get me wrong, Lamar Jackson is a fantastic talent and a great player, but he plays on a good team in a second rate conference. Next week, with a poor showing against Kentucky, a fourth tier SEC team, Jackson might not even get an invite to New York.

In my opinion the Heisman Trophy will reside in Columbus, Ohio, should tOSU win out against the State of Michigan. Should tOSU lose either game and Alabama win out, the Heisman Trophy will either be in Ann Arbor or Tuscaloosa. I believe there will be four or five people invited to New York, Watson, Barrett, Browning, Hurt, and possibly Peppers.

Baring and upset, Watson will be invited. Should Michigan or MSU beat tOSU, which I do not see, Barrett would be out and Peppers would be in. If Washington wins out, which is about 50/50, Browning would be there. If Michigan loses a game, if Ohio State loses a game, which is doubtful, and Clemson has another poor showing, Hurt could pull the surprise, provided Alabama holds serve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.