ADVERTISEMENT

PERCEPTION of the football

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
program is obviously impacted by what the coaches, players and support staff do on and off the field.

We have been doing GREAT things in the classroom and getting recognized for it ... and not sure about you but has made me extremely happy. The graduations rates the standing as the NCAA measures academics the number of graduates who played in the NCG.

I remember back to 2011 and 2012 NC teams and they did their job in the classroom and stayed out of trouble. I can remember telling Derrick Henry when choosing a school, he was a UGA commit at the time, he should look at the graduation rates and arrest records ... if both are not good ... are you sure you will not fall in with the wrong crowd. In 2011 and 2012 ... we had 2 players arrested in the 2 years .. neither a real serious offense.

Since Jan 2013 ... we have had 18 instances of a player being arrested. 6 in 13, 5 in 14, 6 in 15 and 2 in 16. Some minor some not so minor.

Does the perception of the program matter to you?

We can argue whether the perception from a rival is fair ..... just as I am sure AU kids are not as bad as most on here think. Taking that aside you can't hide from your academic standing or arrest record ...

The people I feel worst for are the teammates who are staying out of jail and doing great in the classroom and CNS who preaches doing the right thing all the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News