ADVERTISEMENT

Poll - Has Harper41 ever dunked a basketball?

Harper41 dunkathon?

• Yes

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 67.1%

• Total voters
I voted no but I might be underestimating Harper. How tall is he?

BTW, humble brag, I was 5'8 and in the 8th grade when I first dunked a basketball. During practice I grabbed an offensive reb, came down with it and went back up. I got it blocked but my coach pulled me over and asked why I didn't just dunk in back in there. He recorded all out practices so he was able to show me where both hands were over the rim and I could have slammed it back in instead of coming down with it. I had been able to dunk a volleyball before but from that day on I was trying to dunk every chance I got.

I voted no but I might be underestimating Harper. How tall is he?

BTW, humble brag, I was 5'8 and in the 8th grade when I first dunked a basketball. During practice I grabbed an offensive reb, came down with it and went back up. I got it blocked but my coach pulled me over and asked why I didn't just dunk in back in there. He recorded all out practices so he was able to show me where both hands were over the rim and I could have slammed it back in instead of coming down with it. I had been able to dunk a volleyball before but from that day on I was trying to dunk every chance I got.
Impressive, but I think I got you my man. 5”11 and white dunking in 10th grade. Could not shoot a lick, but I could sky!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I am 6’2 and have only dunked a volleyball. Change the poll to dunked so I can vote yes. I just could never grip a basketball lol.
Video of Harper realizing his dreams of dunking was over before it started.

tenor.gif

Impressive, but I think I got you my man. 5”11 and white dunking in 10th grade. Could not shoot a lick, but I could sky!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!
While I was at Moody AFB, I was stationed with an airman I use to call Jon B because he looked like the white R&B singer, but he dunked once in our game against the Med Group and the whole place went crazy.

Reactions: budog
I always felt like I could put my elbow in the rim during warmups. That was when I jumped the highest.

Reactions: cola68
I am 6’2 and have only dunked a volleyball. Change the poll to dunked so I can vote yes. I just could never grip a basketball lol.
I'm just the opposite with the grip. Although I don't have large hands, my fingers are long and can spread pretty wide, which allows me to palm the ball with ease. I could finger roll the ball like George Girvin. I could dunk at at 5'9" with one hand. When I reached 5'11" I could dunk with both hands.

Reactions: MacRtr14
I'm 5-11 but could only wrap the tip my index finger around the rim in college. I can't shoot a lick (from the field or free throw line) but can dribble, pass and play defense.

Reactions: DrElliot
I'm 5'9" with Genetic Defects that prevent my dunking; however, when my son was four I purchased him a PlaySkool basketball and plastic goal. He could spend all day dunking the ball and believing he was 6'7".

A few years ago, when I was doing the scoring for the High School basketball team, one of the kids that thought he was a good three point shooter, decided to take me on. I was in my late 50's at the time and he was no match for me. The women's coach of a in city high school decided to try me from half court and she beat me. Shooting is something I could always do. Dunking is something I was never a threat to do.

I'm 5'9" with Genetic Defects that prevent my dunking; however, when my son was four I purchased him a PlaySkool basketball and plastic goal. He could spend all day dunking the ball and believing he was 6'7".

A few years ago, when I was doing the scoring for the High School basketball team, one of the kids that thought he was a good three point shooter, decided to take me on. I was in my late 50's at the time and he was no match for me. The women's coach of a in city high school decided to try me from half court and she beat me. Shooting is something I could always do. Dunking is something I was never a threat to do.

I always remember playing pickup at Tully Gym at FSU. This 5-6, female, blond came into the gym and kicked our tails shooting the ball from the perimeter. Come to find out afterwards that she was a grad student that had played for Univ. of Delaware. She took us all to school!

I always remember playing pickup at Tully Gym at FSU. This 5-6, female, blond came into the gym and kicked our tails shooting the ball from the perimeter. Come to find out afterwards that she was a grad student that had played for Univ. of Delaware. She took us all to school!
Just shows the gap from a good high school/pickup player to big time college. A U of Delaware lady smoked y’all and y’all probably weren’t bad.

I'm 5-9 and remember getting called for goal tending when I played B-Team. Ref blew his whistle, #21 goal tending...

I said that's me, then got mad because he had called it on me.

I then realized, wait a minute I goal tended, puffed my chest out and started strutting around.

BTW, goal tending in 1965/66 was when you touched any part of the net when the ball had been shot.

I voted yes because you never specifically said that the goal had to be raised to ten feet.

I'm 6'2" and could dunk on the run or flat footed. Had a 37" vertical. Im 59 now and have a 6" vertical. Getting old sucks.
When Huntsville High played Scottsboro back in 1965 or 1966, their entire team came out for warmups, not a one over 6’2” and to a man they all dunked on their first layup. Unbelievable. I was 6’3.5“ but could not jump nor did I have the hands to hold the basketball. Plus, I was a sorry basketball player and became the official scorekeeper

Reactions: bama42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT