ADVERTISEMENT

Post season rumblings...... (LONG)

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
Interesting tweet from an account just created (Not me lol) with some inside info. Some I will confirm/deny. The tweet will likely disappear so I’ll type it out too.

TFWIW but word is team quit on Saban bc of issues with highlighting certain players over others who have earned PT and Saban blaming and chewing out defense after OU game
Team gets chewed out all the time so idk

Word is team upset Tua kept getting all the hype as if he was the sole reason they were winning.... said skill players ticked it was always Tua
Some truth here. However, was the same without Jalen in 2016 and AJ so not surprising. Skill guys feel they’re the best that’s been at Bama so they make Tua look good.

Team pissed that Jalen didn’t get more praise and attention after SECCG... players disturbed he didn’t win MVP and was not applauded by media for saving the season
There has always been a faction of the team that was team Jalen and still is. They thought he should have a bigger role in playoffs than just random created plays. However, I remember Hurts getting media love it just dies when Tua started winning awards.

Pissed Saban caved to Najee getting the most touches over Jacobs, Damien Harris bc of his threats to transfer
This definitely has some truth to it. Najee has been hard to keep happy for a while. He’s had some flashes of greatness in practice but thinks he doesn’t get the touches to show in a game even though he had the most carries on the team. He’s threatened to leave many times. He was pissed after UGA game.

Said team doesn’t like Najee’s me first attitude... team loves Jacobs, D Harris and felt Saban dissed both for a cry baby... BRob pissed, said all team know he is better than Najee but plays Najee because of 5-star hype... said Robinson is gearing Sanders will automatically split time with Najee for same reason
Najee was the first player on social media after the game reposting fans talking good about him. I’m talking probably not even an hour after the game ended when teammates were probably too hurt to go online. Most on team thought Jacobs was best back along with BRob and Damien, then Najee. From what’s ive seen I agree with BRob. It will be interesting

Say team doesn’t like Tosh, they miss Kirby and JP.. Tosh pushes blame on players for being stupid and dumb and really gets into them for erro... this has caused sever problems and Saban backs Tosh
I can confirm that Tosh is not as respected as JP. I would compare him to Lance Thompson in terms of blaming players then not taking the blame himself. Saban has been trying not to micromanage so takes the DCs side. JP definitely is missed as a players coach.

Team was not happy Saban didn’t let them have more fun in playoffs as opposed to previous years... thought it was too strict
I cannot confirm or deny but I assume it’s due to playing in the bay where weed is legal and in Miami where it’s a lot of trouble to get into.

Raekwon Davis and Buggs are/were cancers to team and decided to rebel and not play all out due to jealousy that QWill got all of the shine and they got none... said both decided to pack it in but Saban let them play regardless of their attitudes
I can’t say that they packed it in but once they got wind of first round grades I can say they probably didn’t play as hard. However, both have strong personalities and big egos.

Young players on DLine are really frustrated as well as young LBs who are not playing bc Saban won’t let them
This has been the case for years with Saban especially with LBs. We’ve seen less and less younger LBs play last few years.

They have to wait their so called turn even though they are better.. said many want to transfer including Ray and DE from Baltimore... DE from Baltimore had to be talked into staying on team
This is true Anoma was on the verge of being out. Ray has earned more PT and had been showing more potential felt he was close to Raekwon and Buggs level. Latu and Kaho have showed promise as well. Mathis will get his chance along with Ray and Barmore next season

Said team is growing tired of Cochran as S&C coach
This is not new at all, been like this for years lol. Most hate him

Saban has work to do to restore order on team
Saban has only repeated time once. Hard especially this year with all of the changes on the staff, QB etc. most of the time when you win a NC, the next season it’s all ME attitudes team becomes less of a focus. With staff continuity being an issue again, expect there to be road blocks next season as well. However, Saban has some work to do.

All from team source

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News