PREVIEW: Arizona 12/9

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
TV: ESPN
Time: 12:00

This game, for me, is a huge game. Obviously for the team if there’s any possibly way they can rebound and move on from three awful losses, but for coach Johnson and his future. A win today would silence the critics for a short time at least, but this team just needs something good to happen for them. Beating Arizona, while they aren’t the dominant Arizona team they have been, but they’re still good.

Even while getting beat by 15+ to Gonzaga and Auburn, Arizona still has outscored their opponents by over 100. One thing to know about Arizona is they shoot a lot of threes, and miss a lot of threes. They average 20 threes a game and only make an average of 7 per game, which is 32%. Justin Coleman plays a big factor for them and their sudden resurgence of late. He has been averaging 15 points a game the past week, and even had a 25 point game not long ago. I’m glad to see he is thriving somewhere and I know he’s excited to come back.

Anyone else besides Kira going to step up for this team? A 17 year old has been carrying this team for majority of the year, and he has been the only consistent player for this team. The closest to second most consistent is Dazon Ingram, and he comes off the bench. Ingram has been consistent grabbing rebounds and dishing out assists, but his 17 points is a season high. Tevin Mack, Donta Hall, and John Petty have to make bigger impacts if this team wants to accomplish anything this season.

Arizona 78-67

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News