ADVERTISEMENT

Primo

Primo needs somebody like JQ to get him open. Primo gets knocked around a little when he puts it on the floor.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
Problem with Primo is they’re guarding him close and not pulling off at all. They’re basically just making anyone but Primo beat them and it has worked of late. I think you’ll see more screen action to get him open more

Reactions: Codie B
We need to screen for the pure shooters more anyway, Primo, Petty and Shack. Even Ellis, JQ and Reese.
Hope we come out of the gate better than we have been lately..
I think if Herb sits tonight we will have to makeup for his defensive prowess. Need. To really play hard on D and rebound.
Where n the heck did this 5:30 tip time come from. I don’t. Ever remember starting at that time...

I would like to see BAMA play a game and be in single digits in turnovers. Seems so many come from us being so
lackadaisical. Sloppy passes and not taking care of the ball.

Reactions: Codie B and budog
We need to screen for the pure shooters more anyway, Primo, Petty and Shack. Even Ellis, JQ and Reese.
I think if Herb sits tonight we will have to makeup for his defensive prowess. Need. To really play hard on D and rebound.
Where n the heck did this 5:30 tip time come from. I don’t. Ever remember starting at that time...
I have heard coach Nate oats say several times this year that he has to do a better job of getting Petty going. While I understand what he is talking about it just seems odd to me that this late in a guy's senior year something has to be done to get him going.

Reactions: Codie B and budog
It's an odd tip time, but I for one am glad to see it. Being an accountant, this is probably the earliest that I'll leave the office until after April 15. I've gotta go home to watch so that I can put on my lucky sweatshirt. Beginning with the Florida game, I've worn it while watching every game except Oklahoma and Missouri. I didn't wear it for those games because I was at the office working. I decided after we lost Saturday that I wasn't taking anymore chances, so I'm headed home in about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
It's an odd tip time, but I for one am glad to see it. Being an accountant, this is probably the earliest that I'll leave the office until after April 15. I've gotta go home to watch so that I can put on my lucky sweatshirt. Beginning with the Florida game, I've worn it while watching every game except Oklahoma and Missouri. I didn't wear it for those games because I was at the office working. I decided after we lost Saturday that I wasn't taking anymore chances, so I'm headed home in about 15 minutes.

You need to be home with that sweatshirt on during the rest of Bama's games in February and for barn in early March. Bama needs this regular season SEC title. Its all in your sweatshirt it appears.

It worked again. Do U wash it or just do the manly thing.

Reactions: bet9
I have heard coach Nate oats say several times this year that he has to do a better job of getting Petty going. While I understand what he is talking about it just seems odd to me that this late in a guy's senior year something has to be done to get him going.
I think you misunderstood what he said? He didn't mean get him going by him playing better or giving more effort. It actually was a compliment. What he meant was Petty is our guy, I've got to draw up more offense to get Petty more shots.

I think you misunderstood what he said? He didn't mean get him going by him playing better or giving more effort. It actually was a compliment. What he meant was Petty is our guy, I've got to draw up more offense to get Petty more shots.
No I understood what he was saying and I have thought that he does a good job of designing plays to get Petty open looks. While Petty still finds a way to shoot the occasional air ball he has also shown the ability to launch and drain heavily contested threes. So when Petty has a night with 8 points on 3/7 shooting it tells me he is being too passive. I know he is trying to be a leader and not take 18 shots which could hurt the team, but sometimes he just needs to let go and go ball without having a special play ran for him IMO. Outside of a similar comment made about Primo after the Mizzou game I havn't heard CNO talk about having to help anybody else get going offensively. A lot of these other guys just go get theirs and typically Petty shows out when he has the same mindset but that seems to only happen every 5 games.

No I understood what he was saying and I have thought that he does a good job of designing plays to get Petty open looks. While Petty still finds a way to shoot the occasional air ball he has also shown the ability to launch and drain heavily contested threes. So when Petty has a night with 8 points on 3/7 shooting it tells me he is being too passive. I know he is trying to be a leader and not take 18 shots which could hurt the team, but sometimes he just needs to let go and go ball without having a special play ran for him IMO. Outside of a similar comment made about Primo after the Mizzou game I havn't heard CNO talk about having to help anybody else get going offensively. A lot of these other guys just go get theirs and typically Petty shows out when he has the same mindset but that seems to only happen every 5 games.
Exactly 100% correct, not all on Oats. Petty has to look to be more aggressive on offense. ex. Shaq. Petty can shoot himself out of a bad night within a game if he was more aggressive on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT