ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation....something to think about

Kivaniva

All State
Dec 27, 2012
I really don't get all the hoopla for Tua and the bashing of Jalen. for the record I don't care who ends up with the job.

However, it's a little disturbing to read some of the comments regarding Jalen and Tua. All we really know is this: Jalen is 26-2 and does seem to struggle with the passing game but he is 26-2!!! Tua is 0-0 as a starter and has played 1 half of football.....granted it was a helluva half. He is far from a NFL lock QB. In that half, he did provide a spark and gave us what we needed. He also made some really dumb plays....the TD pass to Ridley was luck...luck!!!! He threw into coverage and somehow Ridley steps into the right place and finds the ball........that's all Ridley there.....not Tua. But he was cool hand luke when we needed it, no doubt about that.

My point: Jalen in two years for sure won a game or two with his play that we wouldn't have won otherwise.....C'mon it hurts to admit but he saved our butts his freshmen year because no one else on the roster was ready to play QB at a high level. Year two teams caught on to him. Tua steps up and now he is a legend and rightfully so. However, how do we know that Tua's style of play won't cost us a game this year? How do we know that Tua will play every game like he did against Georgia?

I wish everyone would stop talking about these two kids in any kind of negative fashion. I get it, your for one or the other and that's fine.........just don't need to bash one or the other to be a fan of your guy. We are always 1 injury away from one or the other......support both! We might need all 3 this year. Based on the fan base reaction.......I hope both transfer......its what we deserve after the way our fans and media have handled this. ( climbing down from soapbox)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News