ADVERTISEMENT

Read this crap!

I agree Suspend Brandon Immediately.
I guess that you feel that the Al.com article, which we now know was not accurate is accurate. Exactly what did Brandon Miller do that deserves a suspension? I guess you feel that he should have read the Text, while driving, he should not have come to pick up a friend that he dropped at the Bar earlier in the night, that he should not have let Mr. Johnson's car pull up and park behind him. He should not have let the Police have the video from his dash cam, that he should not have let the Police see his cell phone. By the way, did you read Coach Oats entire statement or just the part where he said that Brandon was in the wrong place at the wrong time. You obviously did not read the part he said, where we pray for those involved.

You do know that according to Johnson's statement that Johnson and Ms. Harris, both from Centerpoint, Alabama, left the Bar after the initial altercation and went to get something to eat. They then went back to the car and sat, parked with their blinker on, until Miles and Davis left the Bar, with Davis drunk and dancing in the street. Johnson either was parked behind Miller's car or pulled behind Miller's car. Johnson was parked with a loaded weapon in hand and a loaded cartridge in his reach. Johnson then started yelling at Davis for dancing in the street and Davis saw the weapon. That is when Davis went and grabbed the pistol and the shooting transpired. Davis appears to have fired eight shots and Johnson appears to have fired four shots. Two of Johnson's shots entered Davis and two entered into Miller's vehicle, one account says through the windshield. Are you saying that Miller's account of the incident, which the TPD Detective said matched the video is incorrect?

By the way the first text from Miles to Miller where he asked to be picked up, had no mention of the gun or Miles being in trouble. The second text may have been received at the approximate time of the shooting and Miles did state that he had hidden the weapon under the back seat, although we now know it was under some clothing. The press has taken a mighty big liberty saying that Miller delivered the weapon to the scene of the shooting. Yes the weapon used by Davis was in Miller's car and Miller did drive the car to the scene, where Davis grabbed the weapon and started shooting. It is a big stretch to say that Miller knowingly delivered a weapon to the scene of the shooting, which the TPD after examination of the scene video and all of the evidence does not believe happened, that is he did not knowingly deliver the weapon.

Feel free to correct me if anything I have said is wrong. What I know is that a young woman is dead, a child does not have his mother, that Miles and Davis are in jail and that everyone is raising sand over an Al.com article that is not accurate and has been corrected.

You know that in my younger days as a law Enforcement officer and then a prosecutor, someone would have asked a few questions about Johnson having a loaded Weapon, Cartridges, and drugs in his vehicle. Those items are called the tools of the trade of Drug Pushers. Someone would have asked Johnson why he came from Birmingham to this bar and was still there at 1:30 in the morning and why he was sitting waiting after the initial altercation with his lights off and his blinkers on and why he pulled behind Miller's vehicle when Davis and Miles approached. I have to assume that there is something in the video that explains everything, but the officer did testify that there was nothing that Miller did that was wrong and that the video and the cellphone backed up what Miller told the Police.

So you want Coach Oats and the University to suspend Brandon Miller and you want the Basketball program shut down. Please tell me what Brandon did that you would have done differently, using 20/20 hindsight? I got a message for the National Press. FO until you take the time to get the facts. Until I see the video, I am withholding Judgment on Miles. I presume there is something in the video that I have not heard that justifies the charges. As for the woman, My sympathies go to her family. As to Mr. Johnson, I want to hear his testimony, cross examined under oath, so it can be reconciled with the video.

Last edited:
I guess that you feel that the Al.com article, which we now know was not accurate is accurate. Exactly what did Brandon Miller do that deserves a suspension? I guess you feel that he should have read the Text, while driving, he should not have come to pick up a friend that he dropped at the Bar earlier int he night, that he should not have let Mr. Johnson's car pull up and park behind him. He should not have let the Police have the video from his dash cam, that he should not have let the Police see his cell phone. By the way, did you read Coach Oats entire statement or just the part where he said that Brandon was in the wrong place at the wrong time. You obviously did not read the part he said, where we pray for those involved.

You do know that according to Johnson's statement that Johnson and Ms. Harris, both from Centerpoint, Alabama, left the Bar after the initial altercation and went to get something to eat. They then went back to the car and sat, parked with their blinker on, until Miles and Davis left the Bar, with Davis drunk and dancing in the street. Johnson either was parked behind Miller's car or pulled behind Miller's car. Johnson was parked with a loaded weapon in hand and a loaded cartridge in his reach. Johnson then started yelling at Davis for dancing in the street and Davis saw the weapon. That is when Davis went and grabbed the pistol and the shooting transpired. Davis appears to have fired eight shots and Johnson appears to have fired four shots. Two of Johnson's shots entered Davis and two entered into Millers vehicle, one account says through the windshield. Are you saying that Miller's account of the incident, which the TPD Detective said matched the video is incorrect?

By the way the first text from Miles to Miller where he asked to be picked up, had no mention of the gun or Miles being in trouble. The second text may have been received at the approximate time of the shooting and Miles did state that he had hidden the weapon under the back seat, although we now know it was under some clothing. The press has taken a mighty big liberty saying that Miller delivered the weapon to the scene of the shooting. Yes the weapon used by Davis was in Miller's car and Miller did drive the car to the scene, where Davis grabbed the weapon and started shooting. It is a big stretch to say that Miller knowingly delivered a weapon to the scene of the shooting, which the TPD after examination of the scene video and all of the evidence does not believe happened, that is he did not knowingly deliver the weapon.

Feel free to correct me if anything I have said is wrong. What I know is that a young woman is dead, a child does not have his mother, that Miles and Davis are in jail and that everyone is raising sand over an Al.com article that is not accurate and has been corrected.

You know that in my younger days as a law Enforcement officer and then a prosecutor, someone would have asked a few questions about Johnson having a loaded Weapon, Cartridges, and drugs in his vehicle. Someone would have asked Johnson why he came from Birmingham to this bar at 1:30 in the morning and why he was sitting waiting after the initial altercation with his lights off and his blinkers on and why he pulled behind Miller's vehicle when Davis and Miles approached. I have to assume that there is something in the video that explains everything, but the officer did testify that there was nothing that Miller did that was wrong and that the video and the cellphone backed up what Miller told the Police.

So you want Coach Oats and the University to suspend Brandon Miller and you want the Basketball program shut down. Please tell me what Brandon did that you would have done differently, using 20/20 hindsight? I got a message for the National Press. FO until you take the time to get the facts. Until I see the video, I am withholding Judgment on Miles. I presume there is something in the video that I have not heard that justifies the charges. As for the woman, My sympathies go to her family. As to Mr. Johnson, I want to hear his testimony, cross examined under oath, so it can be reconciled with the video.
Absolutely the best analysis we have read, based on the facts that the public is allowed to see. Thanks Vaughnbama.
RTR

Slam me if you want but I just wish the university would have handled things a little differently. How I don’t know, but Brandon did transport the weapon to the scene. 99 times out of 100 no good was going to come from that. If not only for public perception should they have sat him for a few games until more information was released to the public explaining what actually transpired? Sure would have made Byrne, Oates, Pres and the University look better. Who knows? Just a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Slam me if you want but I just wish the university would have handled things a little differently. How I don’t know, but Brandon did transport the weapon to the scene. 99 times out of 100 no good was going to come from that. If not only for public perception should they have sat him for a few games until more information was released to the public explaining what actually transpired? Sure would have made Byrne, Oates, Pres and the University look better. Who knows? Just a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

ROLL TIDE!!!

There have been several dozen times in my life that I transported a friends gun to the shooting range, woods to hunt or it was in my truck because they left it. It was a legal carry gun of Darius Miles that he ended up using in a crime. But per the evidence, Brandon Miller brought his friend a legal gun. By what the Tuscaloosa PD says is facts backed by video evidence, Brandon Miller committed no crime. Yet people, the media, sports writers still want him to pay a price.
Many states are letting convicted criminals out of prison early. Yet many people want Brandon to pay a price for a crime as far as any of us know, he had no idea would happen. The journalism and social media has turned information into a circus.

Anyone read the article that says Saban is the main coach that allows that let's serious situation slid without real repercussions?

ROLL TIDE!!!
They should have gotten out in front of this situation from the very start. I do not believe for one second that Oats and Byrne did not know Miller’s total involvement from the beginning And I can promise all the team knew everything.
Should have admitted what happened from the start/ because they had to know it would come out.

They should have gotten out in front of this situation from the very start. I do not believe for one second that Oats and Byrne did not know Miller’s total involvement from the beginning And I can promise all the team knew everything.
Should have admitted what happened from the start/ because they had to know it would come out.

It was brought up in the very beginning that Miller and Bradley were in the vicinity. I read that the same day that Miles was charged. Details about Miller was not released, but statements were made that Miller could not be charged with a crime because he committed no crime.

IF .... by Me​

If Castro had been drafted by a MLB team.....
If Hitler had been accepted by the Art critics....
If Miles had stopped Davis from getting his weapon ...
If Johnson hadn't followed the pair ....
If Bama had decided not to kick a field goal against Auburn at the end of the game .....
If Miller had picked up Miles an hour earlier ....
If none of them had decided to go out at after the game....
If life only came equipped with a Crystal Ball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT