ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic Observations vs LSU

JayMaC95

All American
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2020
I know this will sound crazy but this win is much better than most think. These players are actually more than good enough to win a championship if we could coach a game properly.

***You have to remember that bama has had losses that are the players fault and losses that are clearly poor coaching*****

Player losses:
-TAMU 2012 (turnovers/craziness)
- Ole miss 2015 (turnovers/craziness)
- Oklahoma 2013 (lack of heart)
- TAMU 2021 (lack intensity & focus)
- AUB 2020 (Mac wasn’t ready, players hurt)

Coaching losses:
-Ohio state2014 (stopped running the ball)
-Clemson game 2 (stopped running again)
-Clemson game 4 (all vertical offense, no short game, couldn’t pass the 20)

Last night was a poorly coached game (defense was fine though) and Here are my reasons:

First I’ll give my negative thoughts.

1. LSU secondary was playing way off and we adjusted late and kept trying to play the vertical game.

2. Playing vertical game against LSU’s off coverage blitzes is just begging to get Bryce hurt

3. Nothing was done to open the run game. No read option, no misdirection, no draws….. etc

4. Play calling on that last drive was just giving LSU another chance to win

5. Red zone play calling was bad again

6. Only thing I didn’t like on defense was that we didn’t pass rush on a must get down in the 4th but instead played contain with 4 blitzers.

Positives:

1. Bryce is our hero. We would have more losses if it wasn’t for the way he plays.

2. Our receivers (at least top 2) are very talented

3. Defense played great. It took LSU going for it on 4th twice on one drive and a bogus horse collar on another to get points.

4. Defense held up even when LSU started with great field position

5. Our pass rush is scary again

6. Our linebacker play and Corner play is championship level finally

In all, we just need better play calling on offense. Bryce is having to be way too creative and doing everything himself.
We’re relying on scrambles/broken plays if the run isn’t there.
I’m fine with short throws if that’s what works, sark did it for an entire season.

O’Brien needs to learn to adopt a “do something that works until they stop it” mindset.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News