ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Recruiting

Mathey Gibson

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2021
Fun, isn’t it?

In a thread that seemingly aged about as well as Jordan Bruner’s knees, I made a few statements regarding recruiting. Allow me to clarify and provide a few updates.

“Nimari Burnett is a name to watch. Alabama should be considered the favorite to land the Texas Tech transfer. He has a pre-existing relationship with Bryan Hodgson and Nate Oats, and it is expected that Alabama will likely be amongst the final 3 in his recruitment.”

While Alabama will likely still be a finalist for Nimari Burnett, and was the preliminary favorite, it appears as if Illinois has made a significant push for the former 5-star Texas Tech Transfer and would, as of now, be favorite to land the talented guard.

“Charles Bediako is a strong Alabama lean. His decision will likely come within the next two weeks— but if it gets pushed back, I see no reason to view that as a bad omen for Alabama. His addition would likely be the final for the Tide.”

While things appeared to be trending unexpectedly southward with Bediako shortly after this initial thread was posted, our very own Jordan Harper reported earlier this morning that the situation may not be as dire as previously once thought—

“Someone I trust got back to me on Bediako and they seem to feel it is still Alabama for Bediako as of right now. He still feels Alabama is the pick for Bediako, but he’s being pulled in multiple directions and different people telling him different things. It’s not a slam dunk like it has been for recent months, but there is still a solid chance.”

“Wesley Cardet is a secondary target, likely on the back burner as Alabama pursues higher caliber talents such as Bediako and Burnett. As far as 2022 prospects, Rodney Rice appears to be showing the strongest interest, but a long way to go in his recruitment (and a multitude of others).”

Wesley Cardet should still be considered a secondary target, and is unlikely to end up in an Alabama uniform. 2022 Guard Rodney Rice remains a priority for Alabama, and appears to be showing heavy interest in Nate Oats’ system. If Alabama fails to land one of Nimari Burnett or Charles Bediako, you can expect the Tide to be active in the transfer portal market over the off-season and into ‘21-‘22.

Not the greatest start, but I look forward to continually interacting with everyone in the future!

Fast fact: This is the first time in 65 years that Alabama’s basketball team has started 10-0 in SEC play. Additionally, with Joe Lunardi’s most recent projection, it’s the first time the Crimson Tide have ever been slated as a No. 1 seed in ESPN’s bracketology history.

Roll Tide.

Fun, isn’t it?

In a thread that seemingly aged about as well as Jordan Bruner’s knees, I made a few statements regarding recruiting. Allow me to clarify and provide a few updates.

“Nimari Burnett is a name to watch. Alabama should be considered the favorite to land the Texas Tech transfer. He has a pre-existing relationship with Bryan Hodgson and Nate Oats, and it is expected that Alabama will likely be amongst the final 3 in his recruitment.”

While Alabama will likely still be a finalist for Nimari Burnett, and was the preliminary favorite, it appears as if Illinois has made a significant push for the former 5-star Texas Tech Transfer and would, as of now, be favorite to land the talented guard.

“Charles Bediako is a strong Alabama lean. His decision will likely come within the next two weeks— but if it gets pushed back, I see no reason to view that as a bad omen for Alabama. His addition would likely be the final for the Tide.”

While things appeared to be trending unexpectedly southward with Bediako shortly after this initial thread was posted, our very own Jordan Harper reported earlier this morning that the situation may not be as dire as previously once thought—

“Someone I trust got back to me on Bediako and they seem to feel it is still Alabama for Bediako as of right now. He still feels Alabama is the pick for Bediako, but he’s being pulled in multiple directions and different people telling him different things. It’s not a slam dunk like it has been for recent months, but there is still a solid chance.”

“Wesley Cardet is a secondary target, likely on the back burner as Alabama pursues higher caliber talents such as Bediako and Burnett. As far as 2022 prospects, Rodney Rice appears to be showing the strongest interest, but a long way to go in his recruitment (and a multitude of others).”

Wesley Cardet should still be considered a secondary target, and is unlikely to end up in an Alabama uniform. 2022 Guard Rodney Rice remains a priority for Alabama, and appears to be showing heavy interest in Nate Oats’ system. If Alabama fails to land one of Nimari Burnett or Charles Bediako, you can expect the Tide to be active in the transfer portal market over the off-season and into ‘21-‘22.

Not the greatest start, but I look forward to continually interacting with everyone in the future!

Fast fact: This is the first time in 65 years that Alabama’s basketball team has started 10-0 in SEC play. Additionally, with Joe Lunardi’s most recent projection, it’s the first time the Crimson Tide have ever been slated as a No. 1 seed in ESPN’s bracketology history.

Roll Tide.
Thanks for update, keep us updated.

Fun, isn’t it?

Roll Tide.
how do we stand with barry dunning and shaedon sharpe?

Reactions: kansas77
@Harper41 , who do you think leads for Brandon Miller, where does Bama stand in his recruitment, and how far off do you think a decision is for him? Would love for us to land him considering that he's a Bama legacy and his HS is only 20 minutes away from where I live.

@Harper41 , who do you think leads for Brandon Miller, where does Bama stand in his recruitment, and how far off do you think a decision is for him? Would love for us to land him considering that he's a Bama legacy and his HS is only 20 minutes away from where I live.
Tough to get a read on Brandon. I’ve asked a few people about him but he isn’t saying much about it.

Reactions: bamabeatallday
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT