ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding the playoffs...

Bama!

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2003
And I may be wrong on this and maybe those with better memories can straighten this out...but it seems like the people that are telling us that the playoff system is broke are the same people that created this problem to begin with.

If my horrible memory serves, the BCS was broke because durrr Bama wins too much and Oklahoma State etc... so we need a new, fair system. Okay, everyone was in for that including Alabama and Saban ( so long as the bowls weren’t destroyed...and they were). Now the system that is set up by the people who set it up say it is a unfair system and we need to move it to 8.

I know we have several a passionate fan saying what is wrong with 2 and 4 is too much. To me the playoff from a logic standpoint had several non starters such as you know you have 5 power 5 teams and only 4 slots. If you increase this to 8, you have kids playing too many games and then the money aspect plays a role too. I think there are many years where it is clear who the top 2, at most 4, teams are going to be. You may get more interest in 8 across the nation but dilute the product. I think at the end of the day, you get the same answer as 4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News