ADVERTISEMENT

Reuben Foster article SI MMQB

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
http://mmqb.si.com/nfl-draft-combine-reuben-foster-alabama-hospital-incident-draft-stock\

In depth article. One team with a top 15 has taken him off their board prior to the combine. In these articles it points out how thorough many of the teams are. They are not just talking to your college coaches but those around you.

A potential red flag could be when CNS says Saban says he hopes Foster’s agent, Malki Kawa, provides a comprehensive support network like the one Foster built at Alabama in order to ease his transition into professional life. Adds Saban: “I think it’s important that he has people around him who will provide him good direction, have good experience and the ability to anticipate what’s happening, so you don’t get these emotional responses to things that are insignificant.”

I wonder if CNS says the same about Allen, Howard, Marlon, etc...

I agree 100% with CNS but in the NFL teams are very limited in what they can do with the players. There is XX amount of time they can spend with the players .... they do not have a class where kids have to go to school ... when the season is over it is over ... players leave after the last game and do not come back to April 17 and then only for a limited time and when they leave it is with more money than they dreamed of. He will need to get his support staff from his agents and the friends he chooses.
One of the reasons many kids should stay 4 years, and he did, is to mature to the point they can handle the life of an NFL player. Ro could tell him what not to do. A GM has to measure on field and off field ...results and predict what will happen on and off the field ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News