ADVERTISEMENT

Sears

JMusso72

All American
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2023
Anyone that can’t see that Sears is our best shot for next year is crazy. He had one bad game in which he turned the ball over as much as a normal game with Q. He was a consistent 16-18 points a game most of the season. Sears is the one I’m holding my breath hoping he returns.

Not your flashy interview like Q. Just a hard hat that goes out and does his job. Yep, he’s my guy!

Reactions: rsaxoniii
The plan is that Sears will be more ball dominant this year and the guys that came in will slot into the other roles. But if the offense is ran correctly it doesn’t matter who brings the ball up it shouldn’t get stuck it should keep flowing.

l certainly want Sears back and he is an outstanding player. We do have depth at his position however. Sears can also play Point, l know and he may end up being our point guard.

Just don't forget Musso72 that we only have 1 center without Bedekio. Pringle is fairly good, but will get in foul trouble in a heartbeat. We need Charles back worse than a flea needs a dog.

l'm still holding out hope that we get all 3 back, but l really have my doubts on JQ coming back.

l certainly want Sears back and he is an outstanding player. We do have depth at his position however. Sears can also play Point, l know and he may end up being our point guard.

Just don't forget Musso72 that we only have 1 center without Bedekio. Pringle is fairly good, but will get in foul trouble in a heartbeat. We need Charles back worse than a flea needs a dog.

l'm still holding out hope that we get all 3 back, but l really have my doubts on JQ coming back.
I like we need him more than a flea needs a dog. But, when he gets fouled he need to make the shots from the line. There is no excuse for not learning to be 85% from the line.

Reactions: bet9
I like we need him more than a flea needs a dog. But, when he gets fouled he need to make the shots from the line. There is no excuse for not learning to be 85% from the line.
I admire your optimism, Brandon was the only player with85% ft percentage. The team supposedly shot 100’s of ft each week. Probably several shot 85% in practice but games are different.

I don’t know what Sears shot from the line but they usually found home.

The plan is that Sears will be more ball dominant this year and the guys that came in will slot into the other roles. But if the offense is ran correctly it doesn’t matter who brings the ball up it shouldn’t get stuck it should keep flowing.
We’ve done a lot of good things but to think the ball isn’t going to get stuck and is going to flow all of the time is naive. It gets stuck in one guys hand and he plays one on one a lot.

Reactions: bet9 and cpat4bama
There is no reason for a player that does his time in practice to not make 8 out of 10 shots from the line consistently. Someone mentioned Brandon Miller having a 85% consistently from the line. It is well known that he was out on the court shooting before a game. The hard hat aware should go to how the player prepares for the game. It’s about the Practice of doing the same shot until it doesn’t matter if your in a game or in practice. There is no reason to miss a shot twice from the line. It comes down to winning or loosing in most game. Charles has got to do his due diligence from shooting from the line.

There is no reason for a player that does his time in practice to not make 8 out of 10 shots from the line consistently. Someone mentioned Brandon Miller having a 85% consistently from the line. It is well known that he was out on the court shooting before a game. The hard hat aware should go to how the player prepares for the game. It’s about the Practice of doing the same shot until it doesn’t matter if your in a game or in practice. There is no reason to miss a shot twice from the line. It comes down to winning or loosing in most game. Charles has got to do his due diligence from shooting from the line.

The best basketball players in the world frequently do that. Michael Jordan didn't shoot 85% from the free throw line

I admire your optimism, Brandon was the only player with85% ft percentage. The team supposedly shot 100’s of ft each week. Probably several shot 85% in practice but games are different.
Well Sears shot 84%, Quinerly shot 81%, we had 2 others shoot above 75% and one other that shot just above 70%. Those all are good percentages. Most lower percentages was from our bigs, and Bradley which was a head scratcher.

The best basketball players in the world frequently do that. Michael Jordan didn't shoot 85% from the free throw line
If you shoot the same shot enough it becomes muscle memory. No reason for anyone to miss as many as Bediako. Other than not spending enough practice time at the line.

Agree and a few Centers to mention would be Shaq, and a couple before my time such as Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Lot of great centers are not good free throw shooters.

Silly for anybody to think we don't need Bediako back.

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
You can name even the most elite big men in history and 90% of them were bad FT shooting. It’s just how it is.
Getting back to this planet are you saying that you are ok with Bediako missing that many shots from the line. When you get into the final 8 teams in March you will not see that kind of shooting. I like Charles. Because of his character he was one of my favorites but if he wants to further his career then he will have to get better.

Getting back to this planet are you saying that you are ok with Bediako missing that many shots from the line. When you get into the final 8 teams in March you will not see that kind of shooting. I like Charles. Because of his character he was one of my favorites but if he wants to further his career then he will have to get better.
He averaged less than 2 FTA per game last year. Honestly, talking about it is just a waste of time because it doesn’t affect the outcome of the game. He is, however, a top 10 defensive player in the country.

Standing 7 ft and being able to dunk or swat the ball is just a god given ability from birth. Being able to get your maximum potential requires time in practice. I write this as if I’m talking directly to this young man. He only has one small window of opportunity in his life to make this happen.

Standing 7 ft and being able to dunk or swat the ball is just a god given ability from birth. Being able to get your maximum potential requires time in practice. I write this as if I’m talking directly to this young man. He only has one small window of opportunity in his life to make this happen.
You make it out to be that you can just stand there and guys will come to you and it’s simple lol. He has incredible foot work and is very nimble to be his size. He’s also worked his butt off to reshape his body to be as strong as he is now. He’s the hardest worker on the team. Not being able to hit 2 FT a game doesn’t diminish that.

You make it out to be that you can just stand there and guys will come to you and it’s simple lol. He has incredible foot work and is very nimble to be his size. He’s also worked his butt off to reshape his body to be as strong as he is now. He’s the hardest worker on the team. Not being able to hit 2 FT a game doesn’t diminish that.
How do you know that he is this hard worker? On offense they had him back doing screens in the back field. When they were trying to get the ball into play he was still doing screens to get someone open. It’s like the coaching staff doesn’t think he has the ability to handle a pass. Yes, he does have the ability to swat the ball. But, the two guards got more rebounds than Bediako. He has the ability to become a milit- million dollar player, but unlike you I don’t think he’s trying as hard as Miller. Miller was the only player on the court shooting 2 hours before the game. Where was everyone else on the team? These players have a small window in their life’s to reach their potential.

You speak of foot work? Last year he was out of position to make a simple dunk many times. When we played Gonzaga Timme put on a show of footwork against Bediako. The improvement from last year into this year was great as to being a force under the rim for Bediako. But, he has to show as much, or more improvement before next year. I’m just stating the facts that as fans we would like to see happen. I would like to see him reach his full potential. The difference I think between Timme and Charles is that Timme has had more time to develop.

He also has worked and improved his ability to catch passes in traffic. His hands were much better last year. You've got to catch it before you can dunk it and this has become a big asset in his game.

Sure hope this kid comes back and it is looking more and more like he will. Also think Sears will be back, but the jury is still out on JQ.

He also has worked and improved his ability to catch passes in traffic. His hands were much better last year. You've got to catch it before you can dunk it and this has become a big asset in his game.

Sure hope this kid comes back and it is looking more and more like he will. Also think Sears will be back, but the jury is still out on JQ.
Musso you just started watching basketball. I’ve been following Bediako for 6 years now. I will stand by my assessment of him and his

I may have just started watching basketball but I can see the improvement from last year to this year in big Chuck. I still stick by my saying Bediako needed another year to grow and develop. I also believe he will be a flash in the pan by not waiting. I have been and still am more concerned with Sears returning. I hope JQ stays in the draft. He will continue to cost us close games if he returns. To many mental mistakes.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT