ADVERTISEMENT

Season Preview & Predictions

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Another season is upon us as Alabama tips off their season tonight against Longwood at home. There are many new faces, and some the same, but this team just feels different when it comes to chemistry and balance. Alabama suffered a very up-and-down season last year that ended in a tough loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Losing that game, losing Quinerly to injury, and not meeting expectations really left a sour taste in Alabama players and fans mouths. However, a top 10 class was on the way highlighted by future lottery pick, and potential top 10 pick, Brandon Miller. You saw several players leave, whether it was to the NBA or transfer, but the coaches knew something had to change. The defensive intensity was not there, the chemistry was not there, last year's team just felt 'off'.

Fast forward through the offseason and this team just feels different in a good way. You have a nice mixture of returning players, new freshmen, and veteran transfers. Each of them bring something different to the table, but one thing they all bring is energy and effort. Coach Oats preaches energy and effort, and I think that is one thing you're going to see out of this team. Let's take a look at the roster and make some predictions.

Backcourt:
Jahvon Quinerly
Mark Sears
Jaden Bradley
Dom Welch
Nimari Burnett
Rylan Griffen

Frontcourt:
Charles Bediako
Brandon Miller
Noah Gurley
Darius Miles
Noah Clowney
Nick Pringle

This team has a lot of depth in both areas. The backcourt runs 5 deep and all five will play prominent roles, especially while JQ is recovering. The front court are full of high energy guys that love to rebound. I am personally excited to see this team on the court.

Now, time for predictions. I have Alabama finishing at 22-9 this season and 13-5 in the SEC finishing top 4. That record will likely land Alabama as a top 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. I believe Brandon Miller will win SEC Freshman of the Year, and be in the running for SEC Player of the Year. He is THAT good. Get ready for a new season of Alabama basketball as this will be a very fun ride!

Another season is upon us as Alabama tips off their season tonight against Longwood at home. There are many new faces, and some the same, but this team just feels different when it comes to chemistry and balance. Alabama suffered a very up-and-down season last year that ended in a tough loss to Notre Dame in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Losing that game, losing Quinerly to injury, and not meeting expectations really left a sour taste in Alabama players and fans mouths. However, a top 10 class was on the way highlighted by future lottery pick, and potential top 10 pick, Brandon Miller. You saw several players leave, whether it was to the NBA or transfer, but the coaches knew something had to change. The defensive intensity was not there, the chemistry was not there, last year's team just felt 'off'.

Fast forward through the offseason and this team just feels different in a good way. You have a nice mixture of returning players, new freshmen, and veteran transfers. Each of them bring something different to the table, but one thing they all bring is energy and effort. Coach Oats preaches energy and effort, and I think that is one thing you're going to see out of this team. Let's take a look at the roster and make some predictions.

Backcourt:
Jahvon Quinerly
Mark Sears
Jaden Bradley
Dom Welch
Nimari Burnett

Frontcourt:
Charles Bediako
Brandon Miller
Noah Gurley
Darius Miles
Noah Clowney
Nick Pringle

This team has a lot of depth in both areas. The backcourt runs 5 deep and all five will play prominent roles, especially while JQ is recovering. The front court are full of high energy guys that love to rebound. I am personally excited to see this team on the court.

Now, time for predictions. I have Alabama finishing at 22-9 this season and 13-5 in the SEC finishing top 4. That record will likely land Alabama as a top 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. I believe Brandon Miller will win SEC Freshman of the Year, and be in the running for SEC Player of the Year. He is THAT good. Get ready for a new season of Alabama basketball as this will be a very fun ride!
you left off rylan griffen.

Reactions: lainey2020
Need to have ESPN+ Subscription
That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll be listening to the radio broadcasts tonight and Friday, and I'll be asleep before that ridiculous 9:00 tip against South Alabama. Looks like my first time to actually see this team will be against JSU on the 18th.

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll be listening to the radio broadcasts tonight and Friday, and I'll be asleep before that ridiculous 9:00 tip against South Alabama. Looks like my first time to actually see this team will be against JSU on the 18th.

I don't think that's correct @Jordan Harper I believe if you have sec network you can stream it with your cable subscription

Reactions: pfaud001

Backcourt:
Jahvon Quinerly
Mark Sears
Jaden Bradley
Dom Welch
Nimari Burnett
Rylan Griffen

Frontcourt:
Charles Bediako
Brandon Miller
Noah Gurley
Darius Miles
Noah Clowney
Nick Pringle

Jordan, I know it is a guess since this is still preseason, but what are thoughts on what you think are our “potentially” biggest strengths and concerns this season?

Anybody know this answer? I have SEC network thru AT&T/Direct tv.

If you open the espn app and search for the game there's 2 listings. One says espn+ which you have to pay for, the other says secn+ which is free as long as you have sec network

Reactions: Codie B
Anybody know this answer? I have SEC network thru AT&T/Direct tv.
i have charter spectrum. i think i can search watchespn longwood vs alabama then you put in spectrum, as my cable provider and it will come on.

Jordan, I know it is a guess since this is still preseason, but what are thoughts on what you think are our “potentially” biggest strengths and concerns this season?
Sorry just now seeing this!

Strength: Length and athleticism. There’s not going to be many teams that will match them in those areas

Weakness: Maturity. It will take time for all the new guys to gel and settle down. This will be something to watch develop moving forward

Reactions: Drcohen and Codie B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT