ADVERTISEMENT

Secret Scrimmage

Thanks Harper.
CNO likes to play really good teams, so he found one in TCU. Their PG Mike Miles is the best player in the Big 12. They have most of their starters coming back and are ranked 11th in the preseason polls. They also have a brute at center that is 6'11" and 265 lbs. (we need to run his butt up and down the court)
It should be interesting for our freshmen like Miller, Bradley, Clowney and Griffen to see how ready they are to compete.
I probably don't expect us to win this exhibition game with all the newbies we have but I think we will be more than competitive.
Looking forward to Harps updates.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Thanks Harper. Believe it started at 10 and should be over now or shortly.

Getting info slowly

Sounds like TCU beat Alabama handily. Alabama was without Bediako and Burnett and they’re both nursing injuries.

TCU is a better team than Alabama IMO and a top 25 team. So nothing to be worried about being down 2 starters, but basketball news nonetheless.

From TCU board

Heard they played 3 “games”: 2 regular length halves and 1 ten minute game.

We won all three. 52-27, 49-42, and 17-6.

Getting info slowly

Sounds like TCU beat Alabama handily. Alabama was without Bediako and Burnett and they’re both nursing injuries.

TCU is a better team than Alabama IMO and a top 25 team. So nothing to be worried about being down 2 starters, but basketball news nonetheless.
Harper, do you think this year's team will be better than last year's based on what you hear?

I wouldn't read too much into this scrimmage. TCU is a really good basketball team and we had several freshmen and newcomers that our coaching staff wanted to see play against top notch team. Hope our guys grew up a little in the process and gained some valuable insight as to what it takes to play at this level.

Reactions: lainey2020
WE have a charity exhibition game this month with (I forgot) on October29th I think.
Then we have exactly 4 games for these guys to put a team together. Michigan State in Seattle is the fifth game.

Reactions: lainey2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT