ADVERTISEMENT

SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD

I’m very confident in this, the final 4 team from the west region will come from our side of the bracket…. I think Gonzaga goes down before elite 8

If y’all are watching….. did y’all just notice the oh shit all over providence’s faces when their opponent was announced as South Dakota state? Lol. Major upset alert there

• Haha
Reactions: bet9
Auburn gets a tough draw early with the potential USC matchup; however, a favorable draw if it goes chalk and they get Wisconsin in the sweet 16. I’m Not a badgers believer at all.

Reactions: bet9
Snubbed. Wyoming with the at large. Crazy
Boost that non con schedule and likely not living life on the bubble.. it’s why the last 10 consideration was done away with. Rewarding teams for a strong 2 weeks to finish the season would lead teams to play as cupcake of a schedule as possible

Reactions: OatsMeal
Davidson has one quality win all year. They may still get in, but it’s not a slam dunk. Their schedule strength, or lack thereof, will hurt them.
In easily. You do not like them because they beat Alabama. And they have at least 3 players who would get a ton of minutes at Alabama.

In easily. You do not like them because they beat Alabama. And they have at least 3 players who would get a ton of minutes at Alabama.
As usual you have no idea what you’re talking about. It has nothing to do with them beating us. I like the basketball teams at A & M and Vandy. They both took us to the woodshed. And being a 10 seed isn’t getting in easily. They didn’t have an impressive resume and I didn’t think they deserved a bid. Obviously the committee thought differently.

I think the big 10 once again got too much respect. Tam easily more deserving than Michigan and Rutgers
I couldn't agree more! Big Ten bias again this year! Last year they had 9 teams in the tournament too and the conference finished with a great 8-9 record! This was the first time that a conference put in more than 7 teams in the tournament and finished with a record below .500! Could it be that since the Big Ten hasn't won the tournament in 20 years that the selection committee is "stacking the deck" to give them more chances to win it? Makes me wonder! IMHO TA&M deserved to be in over some Big Ten teams.

I like our draw, and of course it all depends on which Bama shows up. Rutgers is very beatable away from their home base, and we should beat Notre Dame if they are the opponent. T Tech lost 9 games so it's not like they are absolutely dominant. I do worry about their slow-down style and being a team that plays really good D (the nerve), so that would be a tough one, but I also think our overall talent is better. If we made it to the the Dukies - well that would be fun. They have a ridiculous amount of freshman talent, but also show a propensity to blow a lot of close games/can't close it out. I would hope we would show up for that one like we did against the Zags, play with confidence. Speaking of the Zags - if the miracle happens and we get to the Elite 8 and see them, I'd feel like anything is possible at that point.
I'm glad to see that Oats has been working since the Vandy loss to rebuild confidence. I've been thinking for a while "just turn on the tape against Gonzaga and against Miami FL and remind these guys what they are capable of".
It will probably do us well to go across the country to San Diego, watch Anchorman, and put forth our best efforts since December. RMFT

I like our draw, and of course it all depends on which Bama shows up. Rutgers is very beatable away from their home base, and we should beat Notre Dame if they are the opponent. T Tech lost 9 games so it's not like they are absolutely dominant. I do worry about their slow-down style and being a team that plays really good D (the nerve), so that would be a tough one, but I also think our overall talent is better. If we made it to the the Dukies - well that would be fun. They have a ridiculous amount of freshman talent, but also show a propensity to blow a lot of close games/can't close it out. I would hope we would show up for that one like we did against the Zags, play with confidence. Speaking of the Zags - if the miracle happens and we get to the Elite 8 and see them, I'd feel like anything is possible at that point.
I'm glad to see that Oats has been working since the Vandy loss to rebuild confidence. I've been thinking for a while "just turn on the tape against Gonzaga and against Miami FL and remind these guys what they are capable of".
It will probably do us well to go across the country to San Diego, watch Anchorman, and put forth our best efforts since December. RMFT

Watch Anchorman and we win it all. I am a firm believer in this strategy

Do not like the second round matchup with Texas Tech, but the first round draw against either Rutgers or ND is ideal.
It'll be a struggle to score 60 against Texas Tech if we happen to play them. They're relentless and suffocating on defense.

The more I look at it, Auburn got a damn cakewalk of a draw. Big opportunity in front of them.

Who do you have them losing to? I think Wisco is incredibly overrated. USC is a tough matchup for auburn if they beat Miami.
USC. There’s not doubt that’s crimson glasses but auburn has looked pedestrian of late with Kessler banked up and their guards playing bad ball… I think there are a lot of teams that can beat them on a neutral floor right now. But If they manage to return to their January form all the sudden then watch out

Reactions: OatsMeal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT