ADVERTISEMENT

Shack declares for draft

pfaud001

All American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Not shocking, but I don’t think he gets drafted. I hope he makes it, though. He has worked hard.

277810644_146844934542674_4222091247945277523_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think he has until June 21st (or something like that) to make a decision

Reactions: biggoop
Addition by subtraction... Appreciate him but he is a prime example of a player with a perfect skill set for being the 3rd option becoming an extremely inefficient 1st option.

Addition by subtraction... Appreciate him but he is a prime example of a player with a perfect skill set for being the 3rd option becoming an extremely inefficient 1st option.
You sure about that addition by subtraction part? Who's taking his place with a comparative skill set?

Reactions: bet9
Shack needed to be running off screens and playing basketball in a different form that Bama plays. He can shoot and he can finish in ways, but 1 on 1 doesn’t do his skill set justice.

Shack needed to be running off screens and playing basketball in a different form that Bama plays. He can shoot and he can finish in ways, but 1 on 1 doesn’t do his skill set justice.
Yeah, being second team all conference and top 10 scorer in the SEC? Being the top scorer on one of the highest rated offensive efficiency teams in the country? This system really sucked for him. He should’ve transferred.

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
Yeah, being second team all conference and top 10 scorer in the SEC? Being the top scorer on one of the highest rated offensive efficiency teams in the country? This system really sucked for him. He should’ve transferred.
If that was his goal, then yah. But did it put his real strengths on display enough, probably not.
Just imagine, he runs off a few screens and gets a big guy switched on him or they don’t switch and he catches and shoots, his real strength. Makes sense to me.

If that was his goal, then yah. But did it put his real strengths on display enough, probably not.
Just imagine, he runs off a few screens and gets a big guy switched on him or they don’t switch and he catches and shoots, his real strength. Makes sense to me.
I agree. This was probably the worst situation for him. I wish he could’ve played for a real coach. He’s a clear Lottery pick if he played in another system.

• Haha
I think an old Jerry Reed song best sums up Shack's game - "When your hot your hot, when your not your not."

• Haha
Wasn’t there an announcement a few days ago, he was staying?
Around about Sr day Gurley announced that he was returning. I remember word coming out around that time too that Shack was returning which blew my mind. Wonder why he changed his mind? We may never know.

So where is the addition you speak of? He was a 1 option at Alabama because they did not have anyone else stepping up to be that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT