ADVERTISEMENT

Shack Update

Dear Shack,
You can't steal 2nd base if you keep your foot on first. Quit BSing...either you're staying or moving on. You were in a system that fit your style of play and getting national exposure (hint: if it ain't broke, don't fix it). 🍻 :cool:

Reactions: OrangeIsReallyUgly
Im still confused about this situation? Did his Dad just make him transfer and he didn't really want to? None of those schools are on the west coast that gets him closer do his family. I am starting to think he comes back now.

i think his dad just got him in a bad position. bring back shack and a big time transfer and we will be ready.
if shack comes back, we will be full. oats must really like rojas.

If those are his three schools then he definitely should. None fit his style nor would he be a top option
Does not be looking to be playing closer to home
Does not list a school that is as up tempo as Bama
Will not get any more minutes at those schools listed
Bama will be as good or better than those other schools
MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT THE REAL ISSUE IS.
ITS EITHER HIS FATHER OR HE DOES NOT WANT TO
SHARE PLAYING TIME WITH OTHER TALENTED GUARDS
I would like to know what the real issue is!!

Reactions: Th3Brand
I’m really puzzled at the choices vs Bama. In this group Bama is the choice

Its obvious to me that the guards on our roster are very good and could make Shack think it cuts in to his playing time. We all know JD will start, and probably Q. That what I think is bugging him. I still think he gets as many minutes as he needs if he plays well. Numari Burnett will find playing time also and I can see why he might want to transfer instead of fighting for his minutes. I truly want shack back unless he doesn't want to scrap for playing time.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
I think Cecil Hurt probably got it right in a tweet earlier today. Feedback from NBA scouts was that due to his size, he’s a PG. Tough for Oats to give him necessary PT at the position with JQ and JD. That being said, he’s been my favorite player the past 2 years so I hope he comes back.

Its obvious to me that the guards on our roster are very good and could make Shack think it cuts in to his playing time. We all know JD will start, and probably Q. That what I think is bugging him. I still think he gets as many minutes as he needs if he plays well. Numari Burnett will find playing time also and I can see why he might want to transfer instead of fighting for his minutes. I truly want shack back unless he doesn't want to scrap for playing time.
dont understand how everybody already has jd starting and a one and done.

dont understand how everybody already has jd starting and a one and done.
I agree. Q really came into his own last season and was a player that you couldn't stay in front of nor could you leave alone. One is a 22 year old upperclassmen with experience leading as well as battling off of the bench
The other is a young phenom who I would dare say has excelled with his God given talent a good deal up until this point.

I agree. Q really came into his own last season and was a player that you couldn't stay in front of nor could you leave alone. One is a 22 year old upperclassmen with experience leading as well as battling off of the bench
The other is a young phenom who I would dare say has excelled with his God given talent a good deal up until this point.
i really like davison but i am just as high on burnett.

I think Cecil Hurt probably got it right in a tweet earlier today. Feedback from NBA scouts was that due to his size, he’s a PG. Tough for Oats to give him necessary PT at the position with JQ and JD. That being said, he’s been my favorite player the past 2 years so I hope he comes back.
Nothing against Shackleford, in any way, but I just do not see him having the handles to be a top level college PG, much rather an NBA PG. Some players are just good college BB players. I know almost all of them want to eventually play in the NBA, but, unfortunately, they are all not able too.

Nothing against Shackleford, in any way, but I just do not see him having the handles to be a top level college PG, much rather an NBA PG. Some players are just good college BB players. I know almost all of them want to eventually play in the NBA, but, unfortunately, they are all not able too.
it looks like okie or tt.

Reactions: Codie B
Proof is in pudding

I was a bit disappointed in Enimo as well

Primo came in as a 17 year old, was a one and done as a likely first round pick, and wasn't ranked as highly as JD is. I don't know if he's going to be successful or not. But there's no reason to assume he's going to be a scrub either

Hope so/ but that is what I heard about Trevor Lacey and John Petty. Neither was generational.
Yeah I'm from Huntsville Trevor Lacy is still the best high schooler I ever seen play. Don't remember anybody saying they were generational talents though. Allthough both turned out to be excellent college players, those guys could fill it up. One is the all time leading three point shooter in the history of Bama basketball..

Agree 100%. He's crafty around the rim but not great at beating people off the dribble. Just seems ideal for a wing guy spot up shooter who can drain open threes when the PG drives and dishes. Wish him good luck wherever he goes. Still think he's a great fit in our system but not a PG.

Maybe not, but he's a darn good college basketball player and I hope like heck he decides to come back.

I didn't say anything about him not being a good college bball player, I'm just saying if he is trying to leave because he can get more time at PG, that isn't a good reason because he isn't NBA material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT