ADVERTISEMENT

Shackleford entering the draft

Well he isn’t going first round - probably not even second for that matter so I’d be pretty shocked if he doesn’t ultimately come back.
Could possibly make the G league. Hopefully he does return though. Of all the players possibly testing the waters was thinking JQ before him. Thought of Shackleford as a 4 year guy.

Reactions: xcop and terp john
Kind of odd to me for him to write that whole post thanking everyone if he was going to come back if not graded high enough. I know he didn’t go with an agent but I think he might be gone. Wish him the best of luck and hopefully he lands with a team

Kind of odd to me for him to write that whole post thanking everyone if he was going to come back if not graded high enough. I know he didn’t go with an agent but I think he might be gone. Wish him the best of luck and hopefully he lands with a team
I agree with everything in this thread. I don't believe he gets drafted into the NBA and I want him to return to Bama. With that being said, does he have a tremendous amount of room to grow? At the end of the day he is 6'3" and I don't see him getting any taller, faster, or improving his vertical. I hope he finds a place in the NBA but I don't know that continuing with college ball is going to be the key that opens the door unless he shoots 50% from three.

It would have been odd had it not been for the last sentence. He would not have put "without an agent" in the message if he was for certain leaving.

They always do that

Reactions: terp john
Shackleford entering the draft

tenor.gif

I think the thing that’s weird is you can only test the NBA waters once, right? So the next time he enters the draft, I don’t think he’ll have the ability to return to school (correct me if I’m wrong). Hard to believe that he won’t be a four year player, but this decision portends the high likelihood of him leaving after next year IMO.

Reactions: terp john
Wasn’t expecting that. No agent though.

No agent is good; he will be back. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires a bit.

This is like when I get to go out with the fellows every blue moon. My wife knows good and well I'm going to be looking but I will be returning home the same way I left.

Now she is also aware that if that 1 out of a million chance I run into Beyonce and she wants to take me home that she shouldn't wait up....

No agent is good; he will be back. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires a bit.

This is like when I get to go out with the fellows every blue moon. My wife knows good and well I'm going to be looking but I will be returning home the same way I left.

Now she is also aware that if that 1 out of a million chance I run into Beyonce and she wants to take me home that she shouldn't wait up....
You would have a better shot with the three breasted alien from Total Recall than you would with Beyoncé my friend!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Shack is just like me. He will not be drafted this year.

I'm 70 years old and went for a checkup the other day. weight OK, height "what 5'-8 1/2" -[which means I'm shrinking] so I asked the nurse to please measure me again, as she had burst my bubble... I just knew that after all these years, that I would measure 7'-0'' tall and I could finally sign my NBA contract. She said there's no need to measure you again.

Good marketing move by Shack. I think he will be back though.

It's all about building YOUR Brand,

Shack will get great exposure, plenty of NBA reps that can provide insight, not only on what he needs to work on, but also future/potential landing spots for his talent [if he's not NBA], and NBA reps can also be used as references to other potential pro leagues, whenever that time comes.

Shack is just like me. He will not be drafted this year.

I'm 70 years old and went for a checkup the other day. weight OK, height "what 5'-8 1/2" -[which means I'm shrinking] so I asked the nurse to please measure me again, as she had burst my bubble... I just knew that after all these years, that I would measure 7'-0'' tall and I could finally sign my NBA contract. She said there's no need to measure you again.
I read that as told the nurse to pleasure me again. Had to re-read. Happy for you brother.

He will not be on an NBA roster next year. The NBA is not the only place a kid can make money playing basketball ... G League multiple international leagues ... all places he can get paid and develop.
jmo not sure he leaves Bama and goes to the NBA if he stays 3 or 4 more years.

If he actually turns into a really good basketball player, he’ll automatically get plenty of attention. It’s hard to stick in the NBA, he’ll probably play in Europe, even if he comes back for another season.

I think he has improved all around. He is a very good basketball player, may not be NBA ready but good nonetheless!

Just like the Primo situation, it would be crazy for JS to forego another year in college. Don’t blame him for taking advantage of the opp., though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT