ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds disturbing

BBALLSTAN

All Conference
Aug 15, 2006
With our Seniors gone, Primo and Shack gone, Alex and Bediako not sounding ready to
contribute alot right now, I am worried about the upcoming season.
Hope things look up. I really appreciate information from Harper, mr4bama,
and others. I thought staff would provide more basketball information.

Reactions: Rolldamnbrice
This will be the norm going forward not only for Alabama but also for everybody else in the nation. Next year we will be talking about the 3-4 guys we lost in the offseason and how do we fill those holes. Losing Shack and Primo hurts but that just means more opportunity for Ellis, Davison, and Burnett. I am hungry for info as well but I guess there isn't a whole lot to report right now.

With our Seniors gone, Primo and Shack gone, Alex and Bediako not sounding ready to
contribute alot right now, I am worried about the upcoming season.
Hope things look up. I really appreciate information from Harper, mr4bama,
and others. I thought staff would provide more basketball information.
I'm getting concerned as well. I felt so good about the 2021-22 season in April that I made hotel reservations in New Orleans for the Final Four weekend. Since then we have lost Primo, with Shack appearing to be making his exit official soon. As of now, I only feel good about 6 of our players (JD, JQ, Burnett, Ellis, Gary, and Gurley), and 3 of them have little to no experience at the major college level. JD is a freshman, Burnett played very sparingly at Texas Tech, and Gurley is coming over form Furman. Bediako seems to be very raw, Tchikou is recovering from a serious injury, neither Miles not Ambrose-Hylton were ready to be major contributors last year, and Holt is looked at by most as a project rather than an immediate impact player. We need for at least a couple of those last 5 players to elevate their games or we could be looking at a very mediocre season.

Reactions: tidertimintn
Every time we take a step forward, we immediately take two backwards. Welp, Oats will have to earn his paycheck once again, because getting this team prepared will be very challenging.

Reactions: tidertimintn
giphy.gif

You guys need to have a little faith. Last year was not an anomaly. We will not have a better record because the SEC will be so strong, but we will still have a great team that is even more athletic than last year.

Last edited:
Every time we take a step forward, we immediately take two backwards. Welp, Oats will have to earn his paycheck once again, because getting this team prepared will be very challenging.
Losing Primo and Shack ( if he indeed does leave) is a very big blow and a season changer. Leading scorer and top returning freshman/ and I guarantee there was no way Oats thought Primo would be gone this early.
Bama was a top 5 pick before this transpired/ now anywhere from 15-20th.

Don’t start doubting the season because this team still has 3 McDonalds All-Americans on the team. It’s just this team is rather inexperienced that has people worried. I can assure you this team will still be a top 15 team and be very good.

Don’t start doubting the season because this team still has 3 McDonalds All-Americans on the team. It’s just this team is rather inexperienced that has people worried. I can assure you this team will still be a top 15 team and be very good.
I agree! I won't be surprised if Shackelford returns also...

Darius Miles is my pick to blow everyone out of the water this year... CNO loves his game and has said that Miles is noticeably stronger and faster going into this upcoming year.

Serious hops, above average handle, quickness & length. CNO just needs to wind-him-up and let him go.
I still think he is a year away. My concern is if Oats doesn't let him fly this year he'll be blowing up for somebody else next season. But he is the one guy on this team that I am really excited to see how he develops.

Reactions: EugDan
This will be the norm going forward not only for Alabama but also for everybody else in the nation. Next year we will be talking about the 3-4 guys we lost in the offseason and how do we fill those holes. Losing Shack and Primo hurts but that just means more opportunity for Ellis, Davison, and Burnett. I am hungry for info as well but I guess there isn't a whole lot to report right now.
The bunker has a post by the rivals staff there today. nice basketball news about their team.
Maybe bruce is not as secretive as CNO.

I have no idea as to how the Team will Jell as a Team and play together but Guys/*Gals, this is the new norm with the Transfer Portal with players recruited leaving due to other player transferring in looking for playing time and I think the Biggest challenge all coaches will face is building team unity and playing together.
I am wondering if recruiting means anything now given a coach can build his team through the Portal.

The Transfer Portal is not the be all, end all of college Basketball.

Regardless of how you get your players a Coach still has to be a Coach and players have to be the right temperament, mindset and willingness to be coached. Plug and play players [even super stars] haven't necessary worked in NBA free agency and the same can be said in college basketball.

Let's face it, the portal was good to Bama last year as CNO was able to move players [Davis, Galin, Forbes & Hawkins] that did not fit his program & scheme, and CNO also has picked up JQ from the portal, as well as Burnett this year [not counting Grad Xfers].

The Right Players are what is needed to Win and CNO & staff know what requirements they want & need to succeed. ROLL TIDE!

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
I am wondering if recruiting means anything now
Yeah me too. I am sure things will settle down over the next couple of years. I keep using Holt as an example because I don't see him logging substantial minutes this season but why offer the kid when you are going to want to give his scholarship to a transfer from ETSU who hits the portal next year? It sort of feels like now more than ever a kid should choose their school based off playing time. Go somewhere and ball out your first two years before looking to advance to a highly competitive school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT