ADVERTISEMENT

TAKE THREE: ALABAM TROUNCES AUBURN 81-63!!

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
1) HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?! I picked Alabama to win a game in which they were heavy underdogs, and I was actually right. I had a feeling Auburn would not shoot it like they did last game on a neutral court, and Alabama is built for this type of season. In a win or go home type of game, Alabama has the talent and effort to win these games. Also, it helps to have an elite player like Collin Sexton carrying this team.

2) Collin Sexton is a top 10 pick and one of the best players in Alabama history. He showed that the past two games. I love how freely the team played the second half and loose they shot the ball. Collin was the motor of this team today, and he brought incredible energy to lift the team in the second half. How about the behind the back pass to Hall for the slam?! SHOWTIME!

3) Alabama dominated the boards the second half. They were being out-rebounded by 11 at half, but was +24 in the second half. That is because of the defense on the perimeter making it tough on Auburn to find easy shots. After Auburn missed the 3, Alabama did not let Auburn grab it. Incredible rebounding effort and effort offensively to get out and run. They beat Auburn down the floor every trip and shocked Auburn how they came out.

Alabama moves on to face the winner of UGA and UK Tomorrow, and I like both matchups for Alabama. Alabama has the team to win this whole tournament, and they showed that today. This team is peaking at the right time. Coach Avery has pushed all the right buttons, and you have to be impressed with that.

BUCKLE UP!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News