ADVERTISEMENT

TAKE THREE: Alabama destroys #23 Florida on the road

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
This win was the most Alabama basketball win ever. Come off a loss to Missouri (who beat UK today) and beat UF on the road 3 days later. Also, am I cursed in predicting games? It’s truly remarkable how well UA plays when I predict them to lose.

1.) This roller coaster season for Alabama continues as they defeat Florida today 68-50. This is the signature Alabama desperately needed for their tournament resume and they got it in convincing fashion. They overcame a 15 turnover first half while shooting 60% percent to put together one of their best half of the season in the second half. They continued their good shooting in the second half while only turning it over 3 times. They took care of the ball and held Florida to 17 points. Excellent overall defense performance as a team.

2) The role players really stepped up today. AJ, Key, Herb, and Hall combined for 43 points and made huge shots down the stretch. If you would’ve told me Alabama would have 18 turnovers and Petty scored 0 points, I would say did we lose by 20 or 30? Sexton was the player of the game filling up the stat sheet, but the role players are the difference at the end of the day. Ball movement in the second half was excellent and that resulted in less turnovers and better shots.

3) The ceiling is the sky. I loved that phrase Kyle used on our recent podcast and you saw that in the second half today. This team is young, they can play undisciplined, but you can see they are close to playing up to potential more consistently. They have to with this upcoming stretch. The depth on this team can be their strength if they play like they did today. I like Key starting but Petty coming off the bench and it’ll be interesting to see if Coach Avery will go to that next game at MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News