ADVERTISEMENT

The 3-pointer: Three takeaways from No. 2 Alabama's win over Arkansas

Good decision by Oats to sit Bradley. Q was his old self and provided the spark we needed. We'll need that type of performance the rest of the season if we're going to make a run in the tourney.
One guestion,why did Oats take Sears out at the end of the game and put a cold player in that type of situation.Sears had only made the free throws to win the game?

One guestion,why did Oats take Sears out at the end of the game and put a cold player in that type of situation.Sears had only made the free throws to win the game?
I had the same question. The only reason I can think of is maybe Bradley matched up better defensively. But the way Sears was clicking at the FT line, I would have kept him in, especially since he was the main player we inbounded the ball to and was immediately fouled, which put him on the FT line. I was praying Bradley didn't get fouled because FT shooting is not his strong suit. Go figure!

I had the same question. The only reason I can think of is maybe Bradley matched up better defensively. But the way Sears was clicking at the FT line, I would have kept him in, especially since he was the main player we inbounded the ball to and was immediately fouled, which put him on the FT line. I was praying Bradley didn't get fouled because FT shooting is not his strong suit. Go figure!
Great strategy to let Miller inbound the ball and even though they were making a big effort to keep the ball out of Sears hands he was able to get open enough every time for Miller to be able to get it to him. That was our strategy and great execution prevented them from stopping it. We wanted Sears on the line and he came through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT