ADVERTISEMENT

The dreaded Eleventh Place Finish in the SEC

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
With three weeks to go in the SEC basketball season there are presently eight teams sitting with a chance to end in the eleventh position, meaning that they would have to play in the five games to win the SEC tournament. That also means that there are eight SEC teams that are sitting with a .net of 53 or higher and five SEC teams sitting between 35-53, which means that if one got hot and won the last six or lost the last six that they could play their way in or out of the NCAA field. I would not even count Vandy or Georgia out if they got hot and won the last six games. I know that at the present time the experts say that Bama, UCheat, Arkansas, Auburn, Missouri and aTm are looking good for the tournament with Kentucky and State on the bubble, but at the present time I could see the SEC falling to three teams and rising to eight, depending on the last three weeks.

Right now I would say that only Alabama, Tennessee and aTm are the only teams that know that they are not going to be playing the first day of the SEC tournament.

Hoping we catch them UK cats on Friday like usual. Need to kiss them one more time since they dodged a second meeting this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT